Need help civic misfiring
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Thread: Need help civic misfiring

Greenhorn

Unhappy Need help civic misfiring

i gave a 2012 civic si coupe its full bolt ons nitrous tune stage 4 clutch a d flywheel. after installing the clutch and flywheel i installed a bigger fuel pump in i took the car for a drive it drove perfectly fine for like 10 minutes or so than it started misfiring the check engine light started flashing. than i came to a stop than the check engine light went off than when i would start again the car would misfire around 3 grand and would not go anywhere. i took the bigger fuel pump out thinking that was the problem but no it still does it. i got new spark plugs that wasn't the problem eather. i have no idea what could cause this she drives completely fine than it will start misfiring all of the sudden. and i tested the check engine light it had 5 codes on it cyl1. cyl2. cyl3. cyl4. misfiring than the fifth code was multiple/random cyl. misfires? PLEASE HELP.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I know you have to have flashpro with a replacement flywheel or you will have problems, not sure if this relates to your issue.
    K24Z7 Member #140
    9th Gen Pop crew #4
    2012 CBP Si
    Hidden Content

The reason for the misfiring is because of the aftermarket flywheel and clutch but you can shut off the missfire code with flashpro

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    "If at first you dont succeed then skydiving isn't for you"

2003 Dodge Neon (SX2.0) .... 1st car
    2012 Civic SI Taffeta White
    K24Z7 Crew Member #16
    Ontario 9THGEN Crew #16

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    you really think that could be the problem because i already have a flash pro a tune however the clutch and flywheel are not tuned yet

Yes
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP

Freedom and Liberty For ALL! (some restrictions apply, must be over 18, not available in some states)

K24Z7 Crew Member #30
    High Milers Club Founding Member

Then that is definately the problem because any aftermarket clutch and flywheel was made for the 8th gen not the 9th gen which yes they will bolt up fine but you will throw a code I think it may have something to do with the weight of the flywheel being that 9th gen stock flywheel is about 18 lbs I think and 8th gen stock flywheel is 16 lbs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    "If at first you dont succeed then skydiving isn't for you"

2003 Dodge Neon (SX2.0) .... 1st car
    2012 Civic SI Taffeta White
    K24Z7 Crew Member #16
    Ontario 9THGEN Crew #16

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)