2016 Honda HR-V First Drive - Video
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2016 Honda HR-V First Drive - Video

Sponsored Editorial Content

2016 Honda HR-V First Drive - Video

You know, Honda’s been around for quite some time and it isn’t every day that they move into a new part of the market. But that’s exactly what’s happening this year with the new 2016 Honda HR-V.

By now you might have heard of the HR-V, but let me make things simple. It’s a new crossover from Honda that sits below the CR-V.

It actually uses the same platform as the Fit, but it comes with the same engine as the Civic and subsequently, it comes more of pretty much everything than Honda’s city sized hatchback.

It has more power, more cargo space, more ground clearance, more weight. See? More everything, which is a philosophy we’re fond of in America.
    Read the complete Honda HR-V Review at AutoGuide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    And today they dropped the 2016 performance bomb in the auto industry.

Honda drops 2016 HR-V price-performance bomb on auto industry - Torque News

I love the Civic, Fit, and CR-V (used to have one). The HR-V's styling looks okay, but from the rear quarter or profile, doesn't it kinda look like the old Pontiac Vibe?
    DD & Kids: 2018 Honda Civic LX - MT, 2013 Honda Civic LX - AT
    Wifey: 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
    Weekend: 2010 Nissan 370z Roadster

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Pit of mens fears and the summit of his imagination
    I own a AWD 14 CRV and love it.My daughter has a Fit and it's a great car also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2012 SI CBP,HPS intake tube,K&N drop in filter,Weathertech Digital fit mats,Yo speed sill protection,JDM Carbon Fiber cooling plate,JDM Carbon fiber engine cover,Continental Extreme Contact tires.RV6 Catted downpipe,Q300 catback,Flash Pro etuned by VitViper.
    9th gen pop crew#164

Hidden Content

Would've liked to have seen a bit more of a functionality review. AWD, interior, etc. Didn't really do much for me. Gonna have to look to other reviews.

I think this is a really appealing vehicle, especially with AWD. Living in a larger city within the snowbelt, I like a smaller vehicle with functionality, and this definitely fits the bill. But I'm not sold on the interior - nor Honda's insistence on the mandatory touch screen: I hated it on my 2014 EX-L rental.

At nearly $27,000 fully loaded, that price point is a bit high too. I'd have liked to have seen it top out around $25,000. There's a lot of other cars around the $27K range that are higher up on the food chain (including the CR-V) to justify that much for a Fit-based car.

I'll have to give one a try and see what I think. I'm in the demographic for this car, but I need to see what Mazda does with the CX-3 before I even consider this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)