9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Honda Civic, Volvo XC90 Win North American Car and Truck of the Year Awards

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 ·

The North American Car and Truck/Utility of the Year winners were just announced this morning at the Detroit auto show.

As for cars, the totally revamped Honda Civic drove away with this prestigious award. Further burnishing this vehicle’s luster, it was also our 2016 AutoGuide.com car of the year.

On the truck/utility side, Volvo’s slick new XC90 was crowned the winner. This brand-new crossover offers swanky Scandinavian style, a muscular and efficient drivetrain and lots of comfort, attributes that also helped it win our 2016 AutoGuide.com Utility of the Year prize.

These winners were selected from a group of six finalists. On the car side, Chevrolet’s redesigned Malibu made this shortest of short lists along with the Civic and Mazda’s ever-entertaining MX-5.

As for truck/utility vehicles, Honda’s Pilot was nominated as a finalist, as was the brand-new Nissan Titan XD and, as you’ve probably already guessed, the Volvo XC90.

These awards are handed out by the NACOTY jury, an international panel of more than 50 automotive journalists, something that makes this coveted prize all the more illustrious.
Read more about the Honda Civic, Volvo XC90 Win North American Car and Truck of the Year Awards at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#4 ·
The front half I like the rear half I don't, interior looks nice atleast in pictures. Civic looks almost as big as an Accord. IIRC the previous gen Accord Honda actually made smaller I can see that happening to the Civic sooner or later too.

#6 ·
Saw the proposed 2-door version in person at NAIAS couple days ago. Not bad. Although they could have made the back a tad bit better but again that's just my opinion.

View attachment 388642 View attachment 388650 View attachment 388634
The rear of the Coupe looks way better than the sedan and that's coming from a sedan kinda guy. The chrome strip in the front is way too big and no exhaust tip in the rear WTF Honda, the rear would look much better with some kind of exhaust.

#7 ·
Not lovin' it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.