Love Cars? Then You’ll Love These Amazon Prime Day Deals
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Love Cars? Then You’ll Love These Amazon Prime Day Deals

Sponsored Editorial Content

Love Cars? Then You’ll Love These Amazon Prime Day Deals

Looking to stock up on some of your favorite automotive accessories? Well today is the day to do it.

July 12 is Amazon Prime Day, when prices are slashed on a selection of items, making it a great time to buy at bargain prices. For 24 hours, tons of deals will come and go, but there is a catch: you have to be an Amazon Prime member.

A subscription costs $99 annually, and gets you access to all these great one-day deals plus Prime Music streaming, Prime video streaming and free two-day shipping. Or, if you only want to take advantage of this one day sale, you can sign up for Prime and cancel within a 30-day window. Either way, you get great deals and free two-day shipping!

Take a look at the list below to see some of the best automotive-themed accessories we dug up that may interest you. And don’t forget to browse all of the great Prime Day deals.
    Read more about Love Cars? Then You’ll Love These Amazon Prime Day Deals at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn

2012 Honda Civic can't accelerate?

My 2012 Honda Civic (LX) Coupe stalls for about a second or two, when I REALLY PUNCH the gas to get on the highway or when I punch the gas after coming to a complete stop. Is this normal? The TPMS notification is on my I-MID (which I was told could be causing the problem), but I've ran it for codes, had it check by a mechanic, who said there wasn't anything to worry about. Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: I've had a 1996 Honda Civic (DX) Coupe and it didn't have this issue at all. Neither did the 2001 Honda Accord, that I owned prior to this.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quynh245 View Post
    My 2012 Honda Civic (LX) Coupe stalls for about a second or two, when I REALLY PUNCH the gas to get on the highway or when I punch the gas after coming to a complete stop. Is this normal? The TPMS notification is on my I-MID (which I was told could be causing the problem), but I've ran it for codes, had it check by a mechanic, who said there wasn't anything to worry about. Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: I've had a 1996 Honda Civic (DX) Coupe and it didn't have this issue at all. Neither did the 2001 Honda Accord, that I owned prior to this.
    I'm sure you meant to post this as a separate thread and not as a reply to a thread about Amazon Prime day?

Anyway, I think more info is needed. Do you actually mean "stalls" or do you mean that there is a delay from pedal to action. Because the delayed pedal response is fairly typical of drive-by-wire economy cars (AFAIK all production cars sold in the U.S. now are DBW). Some sportier vehicles are factory tuned for faster response, but the slower response is intentional for economy cars and is intended to save gas. If you have your Eco button turned on, try without it.
    Current:
    2014 Honda Civic Si sedan
    2014 Toyota Prius Five lift-back
    Prior "enthusiast" cars:
    2013 Civic Si sedan, 2001 Ford Mustang GT, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28
    1988 VW GTI 16v, 1979 Olds Cutlass coupe, 1985 Chevy Chevette (hehe!)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)