Cheapest Cars to Own
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kev604
  • 1 Post By teamrubixcube
  • 1 Post By KDiggityDog76

Thread: Cheapest Cars to Own

Sponsored Editorial Content

Cheapest Cars to Own

There's more to an inexpensive car than an inexpensive price

We can name plenty of vehicles that can be bought for a song but have running costs that will drive you to the poorhouse. When looking for inexpensive wheels, you have to consider repair costs, insurance costs, fuel costs, and resale value. Let's take a look at some vehicles that can be purchased and driven without breaking the bank.
    Read more about the Cheapest Cars to Own.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

FWIW Si on the list for sportier compacts.
    teamrubixcube likes this.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

Platinum Member
    Si and miata for sports cars. I would love to add a miata to my garage. Someday..
    slee0730 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I'm somewhat surprised the Toyobaru twins did not make an appearance. They're significantly cheaper than a Miata while being about 90% as fun, or so I've read. I haven't read any horror stories about their reliability so I assume it's not too bad.
    Is it too much to ask to win the lottery so I can have one of each?! I mean really...

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KDiggityDog76 View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised the Toyobaru twins did not make an appearance. They're significantly cheaper than a Miata while being about 90% as fun, or so I've read. I haven't read any horror stories about their reliability so I assume it's not too bad.
    Is it too much to ask to win the lottery so I can have one of each?! I mean really...

I think that the twins have more problems than the media portrays : OUR BELOVED FRS/BRZ LISTS OF ISSUES / PROBLEMS HERE!! - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

I had previously heard about the 'chirping' noise at idle and have seen a few articles about the condensation in the tail lights, but I did not know about any of the others in the list.

The only two issues I've heard of with our cars are some of the '12 Si's had oil consumption issues (specific VIN range) and also the 1st gear clutch noise. No idea about any miata issues, though my father-in-law has a NC Mx-5 but his isn't very stock anymore....haven't heard about anything happening with it.

Hey, if you win the lotto would you mind sharing?!?!

LOL okay how about this? I will gladly give you all rides in whatever I get after I win that ever-elusive jackpot!!
    teamrubixcube likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)