2013 Honda Civic vs 2013 Nissan Sentra - Video - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2013 Honda Civic vs 2013 Nissan Sentra - Video

Nissan attempted to make a low-cost luxury-ish car. And they pretty much succeeded. And I don't care at all about the Sentra.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by leothelion881 View Post
    Honda fanboy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Watch yourself. I'm not a fanboy and I give nissan or any car maker credit where it's due. All I'm saying is that they dropped the ball with the new sentra. Its hideous. Anything looks better than it, not just the civic. The forte looks much better and is more closely matched with standard tech features than the civic is. Can you honestly say that this thing doesn't suffer from extremely awkward proportions? The altima looks great, good body lines, nice interior. The sentra in the other hand, nah. Plus just like the last genration sentra, the headlights and tail lights are HUGE for no apparent reason and it looks terribly awkward.

It does have a lot more standard tech in it as opposed to the civic, which is good and I guess can make buyers oversee the subjective exterior styling and underpowered engine. So it has that.

Last edited by lilwade3005; 04-19-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    2012 TW Si Coupe

Invidia Q300 cat-back, Injen CAI v2, Hondata Flashpro, Eibach Pro-kit and 15 mm wheel spacers, roof wrapped with 3m carbon fiber vinyl.

I was starting to love my civics interior less, but after seeing the sentra's hideous greys(even in top trim), ill chose the 12 over the nissan

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
    I was starting to love my civics interior less, but after seeing the sentra's hideous greys(even in top trim), ill chose the 12 over the nissan

Really? I definitely wouldn't. I agree on the aesthetics wise, yes - I love how the Civic's interior is laid out. Material wise? Not a snowball's chance in hell would I take a 2012 over the Sentra's interior materials. But the 2013? That's a different story.

If the 2012 Civic were compared in this, I suspect the review might be different. I still think the Civic would've come out ahead, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Civic would have lost a ton of points for its interior and exterior styling for 2012. I know people prefer different things style wise (some like it simple over 'busy', etc.), but there really isn't much of a comparison for 2012 if you ask me. The 2012 Civic would hold its own, but its cut-rate interior and unoffensive exterior wouldn't have won it many points in this comparison. Just my opinion.

looks like a cheap maxima.
    KEEP CALM & HIT VTEC Hidden Content Hidden Content

Straight up CIVIC WIN!!

Can't help but notice that Autoguide is labeled as a "Big Timer"....
    FG3 Squad Member #5: Hidden Content
    FORUM RULES: Hidden Content
    For Sale Section Rules: Hidden Content
    R18 Parts Available Now: Hidden Content

I think this Sentra still looks extremely cheap. The fake chrome is terrible and the grille looks like it's from an older KIA. At least isn't not as fat looking as the previous gen though. Those things were FUGLY.

For those knocking on the 2012 Civic... it certainly looks a little cheaper than the 2013's since it doesn't have the faux leather, but it is still pretty good quality plastic. It's very sturdy and the texture is nice. The only part I really don't like is the grey dash bezel.
    Last edited by trustdestruction; 04-25-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    I saw a new Sentra on the road this morning. It looks a helluva lot better than the last couple previous generations, afaic.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Nooblets
    Civic hands down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)