2015 Civic to Gain Direct Injection, Efficiency - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 2015 Civic to Gain Direct Injection, Efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by capacivic View Post
    With direct injection, does that mean rev hang goes away? Or not?
    Rev hang is an ECU/tuning issue, nothing to do with fuel delivery.
    Raceline USA

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I would've scoffed at the idea of a CVT in the new Civic until I drove/rode in the new Accord. It's really hard to tell that there isn't a gearbox with actual gears in it. They did a really good job on the "ratios" on the Sport model too. If Honda knows what's good for them they'll put an S-mode with paddles in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mad max1698 View Post
    It would be surprising that the 9th gen would last only 3 years, but lets face it, when it was introduced, it was a cheap re-do of the 8th gen. The only thing that was innovative was the I-MID.
    I agree with this. That's why it has a TSX engine. Save on production costs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

With so many changes to the civic...I feel like trading it in for an Acura... The people designing the civic sound desperate...like they're barely making sales..like they're catching up instead of leading other car companies...what happened Honda?
    K24Z7 Crew Member #310

the 9th gen was nothing more than an updated 8th gen, with i-mid and K24 for the Si, reshaped in and out with a bit of cost savings here and there. Honda purposely cheaped out the civic to sell it for less in projection of a downfall north american economy. but as things didn't turn out to be that bad, Honda began working on an early refresh even before the 2012 went on sales, thus explaining how fast they could come up with a refreshed, 2013 model.

if you read between the lines, its clear that the engine upgrades are coming for 2015, for a new civic, a 10th gen. And although it will only have been a 3yr cycle, by 2015, honda better have an all new civic if it hopes to retains is best selling vehicles title in canada (for up until now, 15years running)
    '13 Si HFP - - '03 CBR600RR

K24Z7 crew member #599
    HFP crew member #99

'13 CRF250L - '12 LX coupe - '11 DXG coupe - '06 DX coupe (x2) - '03 DX sedan - '98 LX sedan

I think it's worth pointing out that the best selling car ever, the Toyota Corolla, has barely updated it's 1.8L engine for the US market in nearly 15 years. Japanese car makers don't tend to mess with a car that sells really well. The only reason Honda pushed up the production cycle on the Civic isn't because the Civic is/was a poor offering, it's because the US car makers, by comparison, are offering much better competition than they ever have before at a competitive price point. The Civic is as good or better than it's ever been. And every mass market car company uses the same engine across multiple models. It helps keep development costs down. It's not like the 2.4L engine in the current Si is any worse because it was used in an Acura TSX first.
    Last edited by LTDan; 07-06-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Garage: Taffy White 2013 Civic Si Sedan. Mods: None.

Nooblets
    I imagine that If I were a market analyst I could figure out the answer of when; based on sales performance of new models and brands over a time period.
    Whos a market analyst lol

Nooblets
    Announcing that a future Civic will get a GDI engine is like saying that if you cook a steak long enough, you will have a prepared a meal ;p
    Last edited by JacobP; 07-11-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMxGE8 View Post
    Rev hang is an ECU/tuning issue, nothing to do with fuel delivery.
    It has everything to do with fuel delivery. Once they build a GDI engine, the entire ECU will have to be revised, probably programmed from scratch. At that point, the rev hang "bug" may go away or at least become less obnoxious.

As always, wait and see, Honda is secretive. But, I don't see them completely redoing Civic after only 3 model years. With new motor/CVT, and revised bits, could be enough to last til a full 10th generation.
    Hidden Content Kona Coffee keeps me awake!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now