2015 Civic SI Paint flaking off
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SoFlaFB6
  • 1 Post By OMGOrangeSi

Thread: 2015 Civic SI Paint flaking off

Greenhorn

2015 Civic SI Paint flaking off

The paint around my rear window is flaking off. Anyone heard of this issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Civic SI Paint flaking off-paint-issue.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I have this issue with my 14 but at the top of the rear window

I have the same issue, not as bad, but in the same area. Honda offered to cover half of the cost to repair/repaint - would have been around $1,300 out of my pocket. No Thanks.

Get some touch up paint and cover it as best you can.
    OMGOrangeSi likes this.
    2014 Taffeta White Si Sedan
    FBO - E85 - KTuner

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I still have my 8th gen. I've never had this issue. I'd say tape off your rear glass, wet sand that, and use touch-up paint. If you use aerosol, mask of the entire rear glass, trunk lid, roof, and quarter panel. That edge would be a great cutoff point for your masking tape. You always want to mask off your paint area at the closest straight edge where ever possible. And since that frame is a straight edge, you're golden! Additionally, there's no need to feather it (which I wouldn't recommend anyways because it's hard to get right). Masking off the car would take the longest for you.

Personally, I use Automotive Touchup (Microfinish LLC) for my paint needs. Their aerosols are no joke. They cost $20 +shipping, but their nozzles don't spit and splatter like the terrible Rustoleum products you see at Home Depot that never get the job done right.. And stay away from Dupli-Color 10 oz clear coat aerosols. They are worth as much as a trash can, you get barely enough product to cover a headlight! Spend the $$ on Automotive Touchup clear coat. I learned the hard way.
    Last edited by OMGOrangeSi; 06-11-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    SoFlaFB6 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)