Moonroof Delete available?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Moonroof Delete available?

Greenhorn

Moonroof Delete available?

Hello 9th gen'ers. First post. I look forward to interacting with you folks and possibly buying a 9th gen Civic Si sedan. One small problem is that i barely fit in the Si sedan due to the moonroof. LX models have enough head room for me. So my question is are there any moonroof plugs available for the Civic?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    Moonroof plugs? None that I have heard of. Your "problem" seems backwards to me. I have the Si which gives me more headroom because I can lean slightly to the right and poke my head up above the headliner but below the glass of the moonroof. If that makes any sense. I would think that I would have less headroom if the roof were flat and didn't have a big hole in it. In any event, good luck in your quest for knowledge and a welcome to 9thgen if you buy one!

Pit of mens fears and the summit of his imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by DWils View Post
    Moonroof plugs? None that I have heard of. Your "problem" seems backwards to me. I have the Si which gives me more headroom because I can lean slightly to the right and poke my head up above the headliner but below the glass of the moonroof. If that makes any sense. I would think that I would have less headroom if the roof were flat and didn't have a big hole in it. In any event, good luck in your quest for knowledge and a welcome to 9thgen if you buy one!
    That makes sense to me^^^Im 6 ft 3.The actual headliner in the SI, Ex,EXL moonroof models are a bit lower than non moonroof models.But a Piece of carbonfiber cut to fit would look cool.Oh and welcome to the 9th.I have my seat cranked all the way down then reclined back so the headrest is behind the door pillar.Thank god for my long MONKY arms
    Last edited by GHOSTMONKY; 11-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    2012 SI CBP,HPS intake tube,K&N drop in filter,Weathertech Digital fit mats,Yo speed sill protection,JDM Carbon Fiber cooling plate,JDM Carbon fiber engine cover,Continental Extreme Contact tires.RV6 Catted downpipe,Q300 catback,Flash Pro etuned by VitViper.
    9th gen pop crew#164

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Super Mod's Pet Blackwidowracer's Avatar
    IF/WHEN you buy a 9th gen civic Si and you want the extra headroom (yes, a sunroof/moonroof does reduce headroom), you will have to cut off a roof and remove/reuse the headliner off of a non-sunroof/moonroof car and graft it onto your Si. Good luck and enjoy this forum.
    1976 Honda Civic Wagon Blue---RIP
    1990 Honda Civic DX Hatch Blue(Blade)---RIP
    1998 Honda Civic HX Coupe Black(Blackwidow)---RIP=9/14/11, sold 11/28/12.
    2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE Silver(Misty)
    2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe Black(Blackwidow2)---Ordered 10/9/2011. Delivered 3/16/12.
    K24 Crew Member #44 and 9th Civic POP Crew Member #15

Platinum Member EffBee6fromthe209's Avatar
    Its one inch difference.si is lower headroom.
    Lean the seat back a hair you'll be good I'm 6'1" and unless I'm sitting at a 90 degree angle,which is very uncomfortable,then I might graze the roof.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Jamis likes this.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by DWils View Post
    You're kidding, right? Drive with my head tilted to the right? LOL

Moonroof equipped models have an inch and a half less headroom
    Last edited by SHOWTIMESHOES; 11-04-2013 at 09:59 PM.

It's cheaper to buy buddy club super low down seat rail and modify your stock seat (if u don't want aftermarket seat)

One Bad Mama Jama!!! Munge_13Si's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by team3d View Post
    It's cheaper to buy buddy club super low down seat rail and modify your stock seat (if u don't want aftermarket seat)

+1 to that! Sounds a lot easier than hacking up a brand new car.

BONESTOCKFB6 likes this.

Platinum Member
    I've not looked at it (because it's not an issue for me at 6'1"), but I'm sure it'd be a lot cheaper to mod the seat rail to go lower than to hack the crap out of a new car. If there's any clearance down there, a shop should be able to cut 1" out of the rear rail mount and weld it back together.
    Current:
    2014 Honda Civic Si sedan
    2014 Toyota Prius Five lift-back
    Prior "enthusiast" cars:
    2013 Civic Si sedan, 2001 Ford Mustang GT, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28
    1988 VW GTI 16v, 1979 Olds Cutlass coupe, 1985 Chevy Chevette (hehe!)

Back in the 90's, what we do is install del sol seat into a civic to increase headroom (straight bolt on)

Usually, a Honda sports car will have a lower seat rail than a sedan or coupe

Instead of mod the stock seat, maybe check out seats from crz, it might bolt on and it might seat lower

But if u can't find a Honda replacement, then just Mount the buddy club seat rail to the stock seat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now