Install Rear speakers without removing deck?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Install Rear speakers without removing deck?

Greenhorn

Install Rear speakers without removing deck?

As the title says I am looking to install rear speakers on my 2012 Civic LX, and this model doesn't come with rear speakers.

So I have bought the bracket and stuff but I saw youtube videos where people disassemble the whole rear deck, but there were some comments claiming that it can be done by opening the speaker opening.

Can anyone clarify on how it can be done?
    Image posted for reference
    Install Rear speakers without removing deck?-reardeck13.jpg
    As you can see there is no gaps to pry the speaker grills with

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

The grill is stuck to the whole plastic piece. You need to remove the lower seat and the side cushions and the rear pillars, and the whole deck pops right off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)