Navi/Head unit into non navi head unit si?!?!?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Navi/Head unit into non navi head unit si?!?!?

Navi/Head unit into non navi head unit si?!?!?

My si originally didn't come with the nice touch screen... If I bought one is it a plug and play? Or not at all.
    blkk24z7 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I looked into this recently because I was interested in trading my coupe with nav in on a sedan. All of the sedans I found within 200 miles of me were non-nav. So I wanted to see what it took to buy and install the OEM nav system.

It gets very pricey. There are other wiring harnesses you need to switch out. If you go on a Honda OEM parts site like College Hills and look up navigation sys parts for an Si w/ nav, you can see the parts and what they cost. The head unit itself, if I remember correctly, is about $1900. That's new of course. You'd find it cheaper used. There may even be other parts you need that cannot be purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Last edited by 2000gm; 12-07-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    2012 T.W. Si Coupe w/Navigation
    K24Z7 Crew Member # 149

There are multiple harnesses, brackets, a antenna among other things. It will be about 2000 for parts plus labor for a TFT kinda dated unit, going aftermarket you lose alot of features like imid,hands free, factory Bluetooth microphone, plus others. In the summer alpine is coming out with a unit that is 100 percent compatible, I would not waste huge cash on a outdated unit, IMO.

12 si coupe with following mods: HFP aero kit,HFP suspension,HFP floor mats,Eibach sways front and back,Megan Racing front,middle and rear frame braces,SS brake lines all around and SS clutch line,Powder coated gloss black si rims,Michelin sport A3 tires,Billet pro short shifter with bushings and cable bushings,moddication SS shift knob,Alpine INE-S920 nav head unit with xm,Polk pa 660 4 channel amp,Polk db tweeters,Polk Dxi-650 front and back,2 Polk Dxi 10 inch subs,each ran by a alpine 500 watt mono amp set to 300 watts at 4 ohms,sound ordnance sealed box at .67 per 10 inch.alpine rear cam,passport 9500ix perm mount radar detector.Magna flow exhaust cat back,tint 35 fronts,20 rear.k&n drop in,silver star ultras in all 3 lights.Future mods,password jdm tow hook,front strut tower,rear strut brace,maybe getting alpine digital 4 channel 100 rms x4 amp to swap for the Polk.and complete new brakes when Baer releases them. Kitchen Sink.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

9thgen's Official E-thug CivicMx's Avatar
    Pretty much unless you find some one selling it used for like 200 its not worth it....an aftermarket head unit will give you more power audio wise, better gps navigation, more features, list goes on and at a way better price. I think the best aftermarket nav money can buy is like 1000 something..and thats like top of the line crazy stuff...300 will get you navi, bluetooth, usb/sd, apps , ipod control you name it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Last edited by CivicMx; 12-07-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    CiViCMX | 9thNorthEast Crew Member #001 | K24Z7 Crew Member #617

Join 9thNorthEast here:
    Hidden Content

Thanks guys for the replies! I'll wait until summer. I'm in need of speakers so that's what I'll do until then. I appreciate you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshur View Post
    There are multiple harnesses, brackets, a antenna among other things. It will be about 2000 for parts plus labor for a TFT kinda dated unit, going aftermarket you lose alot of features like imid,hands free, factory Bluetooth microphone, plus others. In the summer alpine is coming out with a unit that is 100 percent compatible, I would not waste huge cash on a outdated unit, IMO.

Any specifics on this Alpine unit?
    PRL Turbo 2012 Honda Civic Si // CBP // Sedan - (SOLD)

2015 WW Evo X GSR - Bolt-ons/Stock Turbo - 353whp/349wtq on 91

Greenhorn
    Ya very interested to hear more about the alpine

I currently have the navi in my hybrid and it's nice but like others have said the aftermarket models are alot better than Honda's. It's great to know that Alpine is coming out with 100% compatible version so people wouldn't have to go through this wiring harness and extra crap. Might be easy for me to swap out with Alpine when it comes out long as it's reasonably priced.

It's absolutely absurd to pay $2k+ for a Honda Navi! That is highway robbery. Lucky for us we have other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkk View Post
    .....It's great to know that Alpine is coming out with 100% compatible version so people wouldn't have to go through this wiring harness and extra crap..........
    I would be very interested in adding one of these to my car, if these units actually come to market. Fingers crossed.......

......and please keep us posted.

There coming but they usually come out in the spring.im sure there getting the bugs out/ etc... My friend saw it for sure.

12 si coupe with following mods: HFP aero kit,HFP suspension,HFP floor mats,Eibach sways front and back,Megan Racing front,middle and rear frame braces,SS brake lines all around and SS clutch line,Powder coated gloss black si rims,Michelin sport A3 tires,Billet pro short shifter with bushings and cable bushings,moddication SS shift knob,Alpine INE-S920 nav head unit with xm,Polk pa 660 4 channel amp,Polk db tweeters,Polk Dxi-650 front and back,2 Polk Dxi 10 inch subs,each ran by a alpine 500 watt mono amp set to 300 watts at 4 ohms,sound ordnance sealed box at .67 per 10 inch.alpine rear cam,passport 9500ix perm mount radar detector.Magna flow exhaust cat back,tint 35 fronts,20 rear.k&n drop in,silver star ultras in all 3 lights.Future mods,password jdm tow hook,front strut tower,rear strut brace,maybe getting alpine digital 4 channel 100 rms x4 amp to swap for the Polk.and complete new brakes when Baer releases them. Kitchen Sink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)