Radio lock for no reaon - 14 si
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Radio lock for no reaon - 14 si

Radio lock for no reaon - 14 si

Anyone experienced something similar?

I have a 14 si with navi. Radio was working fine this morning, actually never had an issue.
    After my 9-2 shift, I brought the car in the shop to install my front lip ans as ai was ready to leave I noticed a red light on raidio blinking, and asking for a code.

Battery wasn't touched at all since new. Hopefully this wont happen often.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

They may have pulled the Main battery fuse to do the install most shops will disconnect the battery in some way regardless of the item being installed to ensure the car cannot be started while being worked on.
    2014 CBP Civic Si Coupe
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
    Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
    Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
    2 - 12 inch Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs

Pit of mens fears and the summit of his imagination
    The code should be posted on the glovebox left side when opened.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2012 SI CBP,HPS intake tube,K&N drop in filter,Weathertech Digital fit mats,Yo speed sill protection,JDM Carbon Fiber cooling plate,JDM Carbon fiber engine cover,Continental Extreme Contact tires.RV6 Catted downpipe,Q300 catback,Flash Pro etuned by VitViper.
    9th gen pop crew#164

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    Or in that big fat stack of manuals in the glove box that no one ever reads.

The problem is not the radio code. Once I punched it in it came back no problem.
    Issue is that it locked the radio with no apparent reason, after the car has been sitting for 5 hours.
    Wondering if it happened to anyone else on the 14?

Baned
    Right. There would only be a problem with the radio if you entered the correct code and it did not unlock it. The reason why you needed a code in the first place was because the power was disconnected.

So this recently happened to me on my '14 after disconnecting the battery, and I actually went to the dealership after much reading, but it turns out that trip was totally unnecessary. All you need to do is hold down the power button for like 3 secs until the unit beeps. Granted mine doesn't have the navi but I doubt that matters. I believe the sequence was:
    Turn off the power to the head unit.
    Push and hold the power button.
    Wait for beep. That should be all it takes to reinitialize.
    There is no unlock code stamped in the side of the glovebox on our cars. They apparently stopped doing that.

Official K24Z7 Crew #372
    @doval likes this.
    ~Sure you could buy an Si and leave it stock, but that would sorta be like paying for a prostitute just to talk~
    Hidden Content

The whole point is that I didnt't disconect the battery. Terminals are tight, radio was never disconected or anything.

And mine has a sticker with code on the glove box.

like I said main battery fuse was probably pulled, radio will not randomly reset it has to loose power for that to happen. Any reputable shop will pull the fuse or disconnect the battery before doing any work on a car regardless of is it is body or engine work.
    2014 CBP Civic Si Coupe
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
    Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
    Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
    2 - 12 inch Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs

Lol I get what you are saying but this is not the case. That is why I am asking. Car was parked in front of my eyes at work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)