Reverse Backup camera
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By R18-Power

Thread: Reverse Backup camera

Greenhorn

Reverse Backup camera

Hi there, i'm trying to do this on my Non-Navi Si 2015 with ADExternal 's guide but seems like the Reverse trigger (pin #14) is not working or the i-Mid for this latests model has been changed (?).

Tried with different cameras and nothing. I can see the camera if i enter in Diagnotic Mode.

The thing is when i put the Reverse, the imid doesn't do anything like ignoring the reverse.

I was thinking that my reverse or the wiring in the trunk was wrong, so i take it from the Fuse box and NOTHING.

Then, i was thinking that the PINs on the i-mid connector wn't doing contact SO i opened the i-mid (yes, im crazy :P) and soldering some wires directly to the pins in the board of the i-mid and doing the wiring from the reverse and camera video/ground directy AND NOTHING.

I 've tried almost everything in order to Debug but not luck.

Any ideas?

Attachment 426626Reverse Backup camera-20160928_123950.jpgReverse Backup camera-20160927_161113.jpgReverse Backup camera-20160928_115543.jpg

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

not sure what you are attempting to do or accomplish. your car came with back up camera, or should have as standard equipment. what is it you are wanting as the end result?
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by fear24 View Post
    not sure what you are attempting to do or accomplish. your car came with back up camera, or should have as standard equipment. what is it you are wanting as the end result?
    Mi car doesnt have any camera. I have an aftermarket one and want to use it with the iMid.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I thought all Civics from 2013 up came with a back up camera? Was your car involved in an accident that could have broken the camera and who ever fixed it didn't bother replacing it?

I think he is in a different country where the backup camera is not standard.
    BASGTA likes this.
    2015 Civic Si Sedan
    Mods:
    PRL CAI
    Fullrace 3" catback exhaust
    Fullrace catted downpipe
    Hasport 62a upper and RMM
    Torque solution exhaust hangers
    Vittuned.

Previous cars: 2008 civic R18 turbo, 2005 civic EP3 Si, 1994 B16 swap Del sol, 2012 civic si sedan FBO VitTuned, 2003 Honda S2000 (Miss her everyday)

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by BASGTA View Post
    I thought all Civics from 2013 up came with a back up camera? Was your car involved in an accident that could have broken the camera and who ever fixed it didn't bother replacing it?
    Reverse camera is not standard here. I bought the car New 0km. So im 100% sure it doesnt come with camera from factory for this market.

Greenhorn
    hi did you figure this out i am having the same issue honda civic 2014 lx

Greenhorn
    This worked on my 2012 Civic eBay back up camera. Powered camera from reverse lights and fed three wires up front to imid. camera power ( reverse light ) ground and video signal A19 yellow (video feed) you can test video feed at back by putting car in reverse and put video feed in to monitor to test or small tv.
    See pictures for wiring diagram of Imid of 2012 Civic North America.Reverse Backup camera-9b7cdc71-45bc-42c7-a648-e3d85ab66e27.jpgReverse Backup camera-0d9ddc30-ebb4-410b-8faa-a0be47f8111e.jpg

Greenhorn
    The second thing you can try is supplying 12 volt dc to pin 14 from battery. This should turn on reverse imid. It could do damage if the pin out is different from before. Be fore warned. Have you supplied pin 18 with the camera ground?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now