Aftermarket subwoofer to replace stock subwoofer 2015 si coupe
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aftermarket subwoofer to replace stock subwoofer 2015 si coupe

Greenhorn

Aftermarket subwoofer to replace stock subwoofer 2015 si coupe

I was wondering if anyone had advice on replace the stock subwoofer and have a free air set up. Also if anyone had any aftermarket speaker recommendations thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I got this little guy and am really happy with it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SBRS...1715145&awdv=m

I got it its own amp mounted under the passenger seat. It sounds really clean. Enough bass to make a difference to your music without annoying the crap out of the neighbors.

Platinum Member
    I believe, by noting the reference to free-air setup, that he wants a direct factory replacement, factory location, factory fit. I'm not currently in the market to change my stereo, but when I do, I want the same. I cannot and will not give up trunk space....
    Current:
    2014 Honda Civic Si sedan
    2014 Toyota Prius Five lift-back
    Prior "enthusiast" cars:
    2013 Civic Si sedan, 2001 Ford Mustang GT, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28
    1988 VW GTI 16v, 1979 Olds Cutlass coupe, 1985 Chevy Chevette (hehe!)

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Ah gotcha. I thought OP wanted a non-sealed or ported box when he said open-air. Now I know.
    Haven't seen too many people have much luck with replacement of the stock speaker. Maybe it's a weird size? Or maybe I've just been looking in all the wrong places...

There is nothing that will drop in to replace it and have any real effect or sound good, size is the main factor as you don't see many IB/free Air subs below a 10 as you need a rather stiff suspension to control the cone. you could use an 8 designed for sealed (needs a higher QTS above 0.45 to sound best IB) but there are not a ton of really good ones for a free air out there.
    2014 CBP Civic Si Coupe
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
    Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
    Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
    2 - 12 inch Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs

Greenhorn
    I have been looking for the same thing for a while , i dont want to fill my trunk up and need more bass. prevously searching i could never find anyone to recommend anything. i was reading this and chose to do some more research and found this sub which could be acceptable to the project. let me know if you try it before me. search Crutchfield for the Pioneer TS-SW2002D2

Greenhorn
    REVIEWS:

Pioneer TS-SW2002D2
    Crutchfield customer from Wapakoneta, OH on 12/15/2016

2015 Honda Civic SI

Verified customer
    (What's this?)
    Sound great, made well. Installed in a 2015 Civic SI in the back deck. Said it would fit but I had to modify the hole opening and Trunk lid springs for clearance. Magnet is much larger than factory and the springs caught on it. Also had to remove the child seat anchor point to get it to fit in the hole.

I think I'm going to do this in the near future. Funny that you should bump this post. Literally was just thinking about it earlier this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)