Imid hdmi video malfunction
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Imid hdmi video malfunction

Greenhorn

Imid hdmi video malfunction

I am having an issue with my IMID Display when I connect my iPhone using the HDMI + Lightning + USB adapter connector. The issue is that only the Left Half of my display is on. The Right Half of my IMID Display remains entirely black when I have my iPhone connected.
    Imid hdmi video malfunction-blue-half.jpgImid hdmi video malfunction-pic-half.jpgImid hdmi video malfunction-half-2.jpg
    I've used 3 different iPhone Models and same result. I've also used the same 3 iPhone models and the same HDMI + Lighting + USB adapter connector on other sources with success.
    Imid hdmi video malfunction-desk.jpg
    Once my iPhone is connected to the IMID and i get the half screen and i remove my E-Brake to drive the HDMI becomes unavailable, which is how the system is setup for safety. However, Once I park using my E-Break to become stationary the IMID still displays half of my iPhone on the left half of the IMID Display and now my right half works, but it only displays my rearview camera.
    Imid hdmi video malfunction-img_4189.jpgImid hdmi video malfunction-rearview.jpg
    I've scheduled an appointment with the Honda Dealer since I've only owned the car for 2 months and about 1,500 Miles. The care currently has 30,xxx Miles and should still be under warranty. I was just curious to know if somebody had helpful information regarding my situation, I'd appreciate some guidance.

Update: December 12, 2016, I left My Car at Sierra Honda in Monrovia. I received an update from a Service Representative, stating that it's not the Radio Display unit. It's because I'm not using the Genuine Honda Lightning to HDMI cable. Aside from that, they didn't even bother to test it with their Genuine Honda Lightning to HDMI cable. I was just told to come pick up my car today. There's no problem with my Radio unit. Can anybody confirm that I need the Genuine Honda Lightning to HDMI cable? What cable is the Honda community using? What's another avenue I can explore to have Honda tend to me Radio Units Malfunction situation?
    Last edited by Frank24_FB6; 12-12-2016 at 05:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I'd say is a line of BS from the dealer, but the first thing I would have tried was a different cable as they can go bad at the stress points but I highly doubt there is any difference between a Honda cable and a generic one from best buy.
    2014 CBP Civic Si Coupe
    Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
    Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
    Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
    2 - 12 inch Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs

Greenhorn
    I Ordered a HondaLink IOS Cable kit from Hondanavi.navigation.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I received my online order recently and I can now report that the Honda kit works perfect. However, it's basically an Apple Lightning USB cable + an Apple HDMI Adapter, included is an HDMI cable too. The really important piece is the apple adapter.

Disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it. It happens when I connect my phone to Apple TV in my Si. They aren't wrong it is the cable

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)