LG Stylo 4 & 2015 LX compatible?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Thread: LG Stylo 4 & 2015 LX compatible?

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar

LG Stylo 4 & 2015 LX compatible?

This is a pretty specific question that I hope there is an answer to.

I just today had to get a new phone because my old one, a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, came out when 3G did, and is just not cutting it anymore.

I got an LG Stylo 4.

I just now attempted to pair it with my car. The phone says it's paired, but the car disagrees.

I went at it from both directions - from the car, and the phone. I typed the 0000 code into the phone when prompted. Still would not pair, according to the car.

In the past, this car has had to have the pairing process initiated from the car. This was possible as long as the phone was put into discoverable mode. Potential problem: the Stylo 4 does not have a discoverable mode.

So the phone thinks that it and the car are paired, but the car does not.

What have I forgotten to do, if anything? Could a 2015 Civic now be old enough to not work with the current crop of phones, or at least this one? It's not the end of the world, but it does suck, in theory.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I have an LG G6 and it also does not have a discoverable mode. At least not one that you can initialize. I believe when you open the bluetooth settings it automatically goes into discoverable mode without any indication. I just recently had to add it again as I changed the car battery, which loses all the radio/BT settings. It has always been a bitch to pair this phone. I get constant error messages. By the time I get to input the 0000 code the car already says "failed". Just keep trying from the car. It should eventually pair but it might take you 10 minutes or more to get that far.

Very weird I had the first gen stylo Up until 2 weeks ago and it would pair fine to my 2012. Could be an issue with the phone itself maybe? I honestly had a few problems with mine like gps never working.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    I have an LG G6 and it also does not have a discoverable mode. At least not one that you can initialize. I believe when you open the bluetooth settings it automatically goes into discoverable mode without any indication. I just recently had to add it again as I changed the car battery, which loses all the radio/BT settings. It has always been a bitch to pair this phone. I get constant error messages. By the time I get to input the 0000 code the car already says "failed". Just keep trying from the car. It should eventually pair but it might take you 10 minutes or more to get that far.
    This is basically what happened here.

I left it alone overnight because with technology, especially, half the time I just wanna throw stuff out the window, because these types of things never work right for me. Today in the carm after a few more go-rounds from both the car and phone, the Honda HandsFree link showed up on the phone, and the car was able to recognize it.

Of course, just because the car and phone recognize each other doesn't mean that anything should actually work. There was never any acknowledgement on the imid screen that the phone was visible to the car, and when I turned on Waze, and it the phone would not transmit audio through the car's speakers.
    'Three pedals or bust!'

Whelp, today everything worked properly: Waze audio from the car's speakers via bluetooth.

Tempermental little system.
    'Three pedals or bust!'

i was going to mention that to get the audio from your phone thru the car, you have to be on the bluetooth mode of the car's audio system, but you figured that out already.

glad you got it working.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by fear24 View Post
    i was going to mention that to get the audio from your phone thru the car, you have to be on the bluetooth mode of the car's audio system, but you figured that out already.

glad you got it working.
    Thanks, yes. I had been using the car's bluetooth with my last phone, a Samsung Note 4, and it worked fine 99% of the time. The main issue was it would occasionally connect/disconnect/reconnect.
    'Three pedals or bust!'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)