New Acuity Intake System... - Page 36
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: New Acuity Intake System...

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
    There are a couple over on FB, but these guys must be either intentionally trying to blow their cars up or are driving through rivers. I just can't possibly understand how people are hydrolocking with this intake. It's completely shielded by the fender liner and lower bumper panel.
    Yeah, I'm seeing them all over FB and they just end up parting out their cars. I'm probly just getting paranoid especially having Upstate NY weather and snow in mind.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    I always check on the filter, its a habit now, clean and dry. I learned to keep my rpms low as can be. when I notice alot of puddles and heavy rain.
    Not sure why people take off the trim pieces.

Only problem I had was washing my car with a power washer after the CAI install. Water was all over the top on the filter. And even then I found where the water was coming from. I used 3M double sided tape and small peice of bent sheet metal to guide the water away from the filter. Dry filter every wash. 💆‍♂️

After i wash my car i take a rag and air hose to the top of the filter to help dry the area
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    After i wash my car i take a rag and air hose to the top of the filter to help dry the area
    Ya thats on my list. Small air compressor or even a leaf blower will work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Henry15 View Post
    Are there going to be any specials this holiday season from Acuity Instruments?
    I know this is late as F, but there was black friday thing, like 5% or something. I wouldn't be surprised if they did anything again this month towards the end of the year.
    2015 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Acuity Curl CAI, Hasport Torque Mount & Rear Motor Mount, Acuity Shift Linkage & Shifter Base Bushings, Acuity ESCO Shift Knob, BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S, FKX RSB/LTB, SiriMoto FSB/RLTB, Full Race Cat-Back, RV6 Catted DP

Big Timer!!!
    Given a CAI lowers the IATs by quite a bit, does this translate into better throttle response compared to stock intake in the same weather conditions? I think part of it is affected by the increased diameter but I wanted see if anyone has first hand experience to share?

On Acuity's website, it says the intake increases low-end torque and minimizes the torque dip at 3k rpms. Has anyone with the take found that to be the case in real world driving?

Thanks
    2015 Civic Si Sedan / MSM
    POP Crew Member #53

So would y’all say the AEM 1-4002 is pretty much a must get for the acuity intake if I’m worried about hydrolocking with the intake?

Quote Originally Posted by K24Blue_Si View Post
    So would y’all say the AEM 1-4002 is pretty much a must get for the acuity intake if I’m worried about hydrolocking with the intake?
    It's more of a pre-filter. It's not gonna magically stop water from be sucked up if you submerge the thing.
    2015 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Acuity Curl CAI, Hasport Torque Mount & Rear Motor Mount, Acuity Shift Linkage & Shifter Base Bushings, Acuity ESCO Shift Knob, BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S, FKX RSB/LTB, SiriMoto FSB/RLTB, Full Race Cat-Back, RV6 Catted DP

Quote Originally Posted by TenZen View Post
    It's more of a pre-filter. It's not gonna magically stop water from be sucked up if you submerge the thing.
    I know that but like as a small extra layer of security. I know that’s not going to stop it if it’s submerged or anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by TenZen View Post
    I know that but like as a small extra layer of security. I know that’s not going to stop it if it’s submerged or anything like that
    Are you really low to the ground and do you still have your fender lining?
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)