RRCoupe The Year of Boost? - Page 9
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: RRCoupe The Year of Boost?

  1. #81
    Super Mod's Pet 12FG4Rallye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    743
    People usually say that when someone with an R18 wants to do a regular bolt on setup but slapping a turbo kit on it is a different story only thing is is that a SI for your power goal is just cheaper to do is all.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

    205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #82
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winnipeg MB CAN
    Posts
    125
    Sleeper status. 👍🏻
    RRCoupe likes this.

  4. #83
    Nooblets RRCoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by MugRR View Post
    You're a true pioneer, very VERY nice build. I'm looking at a FullRace R18 kit, I have an AT (non-CVT) and am getting a Derale transmission cooler and level 10 torque converter if necessary. FullRace engineers told me that the kit should fit, but the charge piping may need some modification. You are one of the only guys that have turboed a 9th gen r18, do you have any advice? My goals are 200-250whp, 160+wtq. This is a daily that I drive about ~80 miles. If anybody here can help it's you. Thanks.

    According to a guy named Nix on another forum the 9th gen r18 has the same 5spd transmission as the Acura RDX, which has 240hp, so I'm thinking with an external cooler ~200whp would be a safe bet. I'm not trying to race anyone, it's mostly tracked. Any information you have would help, thanks.


    These Si guys don't seem to understand when they tell everyone to trade in their car. I could get a GTR if I want to (as can many others), but I know I wouldn't even use it to fraction of its potential, which to me, would be a waste. This R18 however, I feel will be utilized very well on a daily basis. It's all about utilization
    Thanks man I appreciate it. This is my daily as well, you shouldn't have a problem at all with drive-ability my R18 drives like stock out of boost.

    I'd do a quick part number check myself, but if you take his word I have a very high confidence level you could achieve a power level of around 240whp with the transmission cooler. Also looking into the RDX it's around 500lbs or more heavier so even less stress on the internals if it truly is the same transmission.

    You're going to spend a lot of time making things fit, smaller radiator fans are a must since the space is so tight. I'd focus on cooling first (turbo blanket, bigger radiator, transmission cooler, oil cooler) it seems to be hardest part on this car since the engine bay is so compact.

    You also have to keep in mind the MAF has to be connect all the time for the car to run. So you must splice an IAT sensor into the MAF. I put my MAF in a plastic bag and wrapped it in electrical tape so it doesn't get water on it. Hondata has a great write up on it if it you google "Hondata IAT wiring"

    You can also run acura RDX 440cc injectors I'm running a GM style injector and my idle isn't as smooth as I'd like when the charging system kicks on and off.
    MugRR likes this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #84
    Nooblets RRCoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    People usually say that when someone with an R18 wants to do a regular bolt on setup but slapping a turbo kit on it is a different story only thing is is that a SI for your power goal is just cheaper to do is all.
    How can my R18 make max power plz lol

  7. #85
    Big Timer!!! 9thgensifamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by RRCoupe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    People usually say that when someone with an R18 wants to do a regular bolt on setup but slapping a turbo kit on it is a different story only thing is is that a SI for your power goal is just cheaper to do is all.
    How can my R18 make max power plz lol
    Couple questions about your build plan.

    What are your install plans?
    What are your tuning plans?
    What do you estimate your total cost as being?

    I'm for boosting anything, I had plans to boost a Geo tracker before 08 hit. Just curious as what you've figure it is for the R18 from a "kit".

  8. #86
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by RRCoupe View Post
    Thanks man I appreciate it. This is my daily as well, you shouldn't have a problem at all with drive-ability my R18 drives like stock out of boost.

    I'd do a quick part number check myself, but if you take his word I have a very high confidence level you could achieve a power level of around 240whp with the transmission cooler. Also looking into the RDX it's around 500lbs or more heavier so even less stress on the internals if it truly is the same transmission.

    You're going to spend a lot of time making things fit, smaller radiator fans are a must since the space is so tight. I'd focus on cooling first (turbo blanket, bigger radiator, transmission cooler, oil cooler) it seems to be hardest part on this car since the engine bay is so compact.

    You also have to keep in mind the MAF has to be connect all the time for the car to run. So you must splice an IAT sensor into the MAF. I put my MAF in a plastic bag and wrapped it in electrical tape so it doesn't get water on it. Hondata has a great write up on it if it you google "Hondata IAT wiring"

    You can also run acura RDX 440cc injectors I'm running a GM style injector and my idle isn't as smooth as I'd like when the charging system kicks on and off.

    Thanks for the information, I have a Weapon R IM and Derale transmission cooler on the way. I'm going with the FullRace kit, but before I pull the trigger, I want to be sure everything will fit. They said I may need to get the charge piping modified a bit (hot parts will fit) so i'm trying to factor that in as well. Do you have any recommendations on an aftermarket radiator and slim fans? I'll definitely be paying attention to the cooling. Also, would you recommend the Deatschwerks fuel pump?

  9. #87
    Super Mod's Pet 12FG4Rallye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by RRCoupe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    People usually say that when someone with an R18 wants to do a regular bolt on setup but slapping a turbo kit on it is a different story only thing is is that a SI for your power goal is just cheaper to do is all.
    How can my R18 make max power plz lol
    Not meaning anything bad about the r18 your build and awesome and beautiful. I just back in the day had an em2 and for me to get into the 200+whp range was just too costly for my liking but those motors are crap compared to the r18 so apples to oranges really lol
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

    205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

  10. #88
    Nooblets RRCoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by MugRR View Post
    Thanks for the information, I have a Weapon R IM and Derale transmission cooler on the way. I'm going with the FullRace kit, but before I pull the trigger, I want to be sure everything will fit. They said I may need to get the charge piping modified a bit (hot parts will fit) so i'm trying to factor that in as well. Do you have any recommendations on an aftermarket radiator and slim fans? I'll definitely be paying attention to the cooling. Also, would you recommend the Deatschwerks fuel pump?
    Yeah fitment will be an issue but you can always make it work. I'd go with Spal slim fans, they are the best on the market. Radiator I went with a Megan racing from a 2011 R18 it's a real dual core raditor. I couldn't find a company that makes a dual core for the 9th gen R18. The listing said it was for a manual R18 only. I think Koyorad makes a radiator for 9th gens check on procivic.com if they still got them in stock. I'm running an aeromotive fuel pump but I'm sure the deatschwerks fuel pump will work just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    Not meaning anything bad about the r18 your build and awesome and beautiful. I just back in the day had an em2 and for me to get into the 200+whp range was just too costly for my liking but those motors are crap compared to the r18 so apples to oranges really lol
    Yeah you gotta really want N/A power to go down that route.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. Im going boost but need some help.
    By BrandonP13 in forum 9th Gen Civic General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 08:08 PM
  2. Boost?
    By starke31797 in forum Build Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 09:19 AM
  3. 2013 civic si sedan "To boost, or not to boost?"
    By bactosa in forum Forced Induction And Nitrous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2014, 03:25 PM
  4. Boost is best
    By bodyman in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 04:11 PM
  5. Spark plugs for boost / MAP sensor for boost
    By UTAH TSX in forum Forced Induction And Nitrous
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2