9th Gen Civic Forum banner

RRCoupe The Year of Boost?

27K views 135 replies 16 participants last post by  RRCoupe 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's my 2012 R18 5speed Civic. I love this car so far I've been focusing on handling I've upgraded the sway bar end links front and rear with white line (really helps out) lowered on Eibach sport lines and just put on a Tanabe strut bar that I bought on here. I'm also planning on going boost 2018! Just bought a rev9 turbo I was really impressed with it out the box the quality isn't too bad. Well I plan to include all the parts I end up getting later on in my build here's some pics of my progress over the last year.

Mods

Enkei pf01's 17x8et50
Federal RSrr's 225/45/17
Siri Moto shifter base bushings (best bang for your buck mod)
Tanabe Strut bar
Whiteline Sway bar endlinks
Rotorworks Rotors
Eibach Sport Lines
Gutted rear seats :eek3dancesmiley:
2012 Si front bumper
2014 Si rear bumper

When I was basic af
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Getting There
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Coupé

Before repaint
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Spoke

After
Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Rim Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Auto part Steering part Brake Vehicle brake Wheel

Auto part Automotive starter motor

See less See more
#5 ·
Still debating if I should spend the extra money now for 850cc injectors and e85, or run some OEM RDX injectors on 91. My goals for 91 would be 230 to wheels or e85 250.

Just got my ebay manifold and Rev 9 waste gate.

View attachment 466890
Are you planning on daily driving this beast? Somebody feel free to correct me, but I hear e85 gives shit for mpgs, tho it does allow you to make more power.

#8 ·
I'm going e85 because of the performance not mpg. Also I have an r18 that averages around 25-26 your Si gets around 18-20? So considering around a 30% loss of mpg with me switching to e85 I should get around 18mpg which would be pretty good if you ask me.

And yes this will be my daily if it behaves it self and doesn't act up lol.

#11 ·
I'm pretty lucky my work commute is about 10 minutes with morning traffic, 2 mile drive.

Well I ordered some 850cc from deleen injectors. They come flow matched for 85 with a dead time sheet. Now I'm looking at dw300 fuel pump and ordering my hondata and inter cooler.

So far I have

Oil feed/drain
Manifold
Turbo
BOV
Injectors
Waste gate
Manifold bolts/ gaskets

$700 I've spent so far

#14 ·
i have heard mixed reviews on the DW300c for our cars. Might want to try a walbor 400

#25 · (Edited)
Around 4 months ago I tried a walbor fuel pump. Almost bought a new sending unit after trying to beat it into the casing for 45 minutes. DW300c is working so far for total of 2 hours driving (not long). I can say fuel pressure holds well with one supplied o-ring after shut off. I figure it's easier to keep a spare DW on hand then deal with trying to press fit the pump. Maybe I got a bad walbro though, take this info as you may.

Stock pump is green cap, I'd take measurements if my micrometer had a good battery, hopefully you can see the o.d. difference in the picture.

Attachments

#26 ·
My power goal is 280 wheel. I've talked with others on stock motors pushing 15lbs of boost after talking with tuners and many other owners they say this will be easily be done.

As for fuel pump I went with an Aeromotive Stealth 11540. It was a tight fit and almost didn't clear..kinda like everything on this build so far.

Now I've ran into another problem my AC Compressor is in the way of the downpipe.

Solution I'm having the the A/C compressor removed and installing a 2006 Civic DX Serpentine belt (I guess A/C was still an option in 2006 thank god Honda). I will no longer have A/C on this car.

Auto part Vehicle Fuel line Car Engine

Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car

#27 ·
Your build is looking great!!

You're gonna be 15 WHP more than me with CTE kit on K24! lolol...

#28 ·
LOL!!^

I'm pretty hyped the A/C has been removed now my car is finally getting wrapped up. I haven't driven it since 1/11/19 lol. I never knew I would miss my car so much.

I believe removing the A/C compressor and Condenser will be a 35-40lb weight loss! My car already felt super lite (half stripped out interior no rear bench) I'm guessing it will be sub 2500lbs now!

#29 ·
You know, OP... FB is roasting people for wanting to turbo R18's. TBO though, it's no different to me than buying the 16 model with a turbo. Smaller power plant that can handle great numbers with stock internals; sounds like a win-win.

Now someone just needs to offer a turbo kit that is straight forward and bolt-on.

I like the idea of lower weight too. I've deleted rear head-rests, rear seatbelts and accessories, and have RPF1's. Next will be 2-piece rotors.

#30 ·
TBH I was thinking about buying a new car but I paid this one off already it's been really nice having no payments. Also looking into the specs of a 2016 coupe its around 2,770lbs and only makes 18 more hp than my R18 after going with flash pro and tune I never dyno'd it but I was beating Stock Si sedans by about a car (maybe they just needed a driver mod idk). That's when I knew this engine really had some potential so I guess you can say the FB roasters never even tried a basic modded R18 Manual Coupe, and couldn't even give a two sided opinion...so they roast peoples dreams of building a fast car right away!

Also I have plans of building a backup motor this summer (I can pick up a complete engine for about $450 lol) I have my eyes on a complete engine build Rods, Pistons, Dual Valve springs and TI retainers for the stupid low cost of about $1,600. That even includes all the little things that go along with every fully built motor. Also there is so much support for modding these Honda's I could get a CNC block guard fabricated for only $500 bucks.

Just expect much more to come once I get this turbo build rolling :)

#31 ·
Built engine isn't a bad idea. Push the limits a little more and the piece of mind is nice. Nice to see someone with the R series that actually wants to make power instead of slapping on an intake and exhaust. Don't know how you'll live without a/c. I did that for like 5 years and it was terrible....then again i'm a fat guy in Texas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.