14' Si Coupe - Orange Fire Pearl - Turbo Awakens - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 14' Si Coupe - Orange Fire Pearl - Turbo Awakens

Looks like some solid work, bet that car is fun to drive.
    Chambers805 likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bfaided1984 View Post
    Ohh its wild, super dialed in right now too, a little over 300WHP/250WTQ on 8psi with 91 octane tune. A bit uncomfortable as a daily economic car with suspension but any autoX or track days and It really shines. I walked a couple 5.0 mustangs and was door to door with a tuned turbo GTI once. Every now and then someone will randomly try to race me and most get a nice surprise.
    bfaided1984 likes this.
    K24Z7 - Crew Member #373

14' Honda Civic Si Coupe
    GodSpeed 2-Way MonoMax Coilovers
    MakspeedTurbo Kit - Comp 6062BB
    Vit-Viper Tuned
    Action Clutch -
    Stage 3
    Hawk Performance Brakes
    Progress Sway Bar
    GearX - 1-4th w/RSX Final Drive

What kind of numbers you looking for after the build?
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

What kind of numbers you looking for after the build?
    I'll have a boost by gear controller for grip so on the top end around 700whp+, likely run on a lower boost settings most of the time.
    bfaided1984 likes this.
    K24Z7 - Crew Member #373

14' Honda Civic Si Coupe
    Vit-Viper Tuned
    Action Clutch -
    Stage 3
    Hawk Performance Brakes
    Progress Sway Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers805 View Post
    I'll have a boost by gear controller for grip so on the top end around 700whp+, likely run on a lower boost settings most of the time.
    Man, gonna be breaking people off.
    Chambers805 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers805 View Post
    Ohh its wild, super dialed in right now too, a little over 300WHP/250WTQ on 8psi with 91 octane tune. A bit uncomfortable as a daily economic car with suspension but any autoX or track days and It really shines. I walked a couple 5.0 mustangs and was door to door with a tuned turbo GTI once. Every now and then someone will randomly try to race me and most get a nice surprise.
    I just finished up my first turbo build, and im curious, what rpm do you start building boost at with your set up (generally, I know it's hard to watch rpm and boost)? I've not done gears or any internal engine parts yet. Are you doing them yourself? Is the engine internals, or transmission internals harder to do?

Sweet set up man.

Quote Originally Posted by 9thgensifamily View Post
    I just finished up my first turbo build, and im curious, what rpm do you start building boost at with your set up (generally, I know it's hard to watch rpm and boost)? I've not done gears or any internal engine parts yet. Are you doing them yourself? Is the engine internals, or transmission internals harder to do?

Sweet set up man.
    Well I had Mark Chang build my transmission. He also helped me with my turbo install since he knew all the little things that someone who's never done it would know. I have the type-s 4.3 Final drive so my gears are really long with the gearX, literally first goes to 52 and 2nd to 75. I build boost around 3.5K and I'm at full 8psi around 5K, and this is on a pretty lazy Vit tune. 91 octane sucks, If i tune on e85 it would be a different story but since I'm building an engine I don't mind sitting at a little over 300Whp, it really is fun enough. Mark Chang is also going to help me build and blueprint the engine since his is so damn savage.
    K24Z7 - Crew Member #373

14' Honda Civic Si Coupe
    Vit-Viper Tuned
    Action Clutch -
    Stage 3
    Hawk Performance Brakes
    Progress Sway Bar

Man, gonna be breaking people off.
    Hell yea play boy.
    K24Z7 - Crew Member #373

14' Honda Civic Si Coupe
    Vit-Viper Tuned
    Action Clutch -
    Stage 3
    Hawk Performance Brakes
    Progress Sway Bar

[/QUOTE]

Well I had Mark Chang build my transmission. He also helped me with my turbo install since he knew all the little things that someone who's never done it would know. I have the type-s 4.3 Final drive so my gears are really long with the gearX, literally first goes to 52 and 2nd to 75. I build boost around 3.5K and I'm at full 8psi around 5K, and this is on a pretty lazy Vit tune. 91 octane sucks, If i tune on e85 it would be a different story but since I'm building an engine I don't mind sitting at a little over 300Whp, it really is fun enough. Mark Chang is also going to help me build and blueprint the engine since his is so damn savage.[/QUOTE]

Did gears or the final drive make the bigger difference for the high speeds in lower gears?
    I did a full race kit, Borg Warner EFR 7064. I only did that because I didn't want a open waste gate. I build boost around 2,500rpms, and am at 8 PSI. Tuner said it ran at 8 and fell to 6 at upper rpms, but I've not seen 6 PSI. I'm at 360hp, the RBC helps alot. I'm also 93 octane.

I'm sure I build boost sooner cause my EFR turbo should Max out around 550whp.

If I could do 52mph in first gear, I'd be much better off. I've got tires ordered, I only get traction in 3rd if it's 70F and dry out. Once the wife recovers I plan on doing gears and turning it up to 11psi, the final drive sounds like something I'll add. Will pay someone to do the gears most likely. Where did you source the final drive?

Well I had Mark Chang build my transmission. He also helped me with my turbo install since he knew all the little things that someone who's never done it would know. I have the type-s 4.3 Final drive so my gears are really long with the gearX, literally first goes to 52 and 2nd to 75. I build boost around 3.5K and I'm at full 8psi around 5K, and this is on a pretty lazy Vit tune. 91 octane sucks, If i tune on e85 it would be a different story but since I'm building an engine I don't mind sitting at a little over 300Whp, it really is fun enough. Mark Chang is also going to help me build and blueprint the engine since his is so damn savage.
    Did gears or the final drive make the bigger difference for the high speeds in lower gears?
    I did a full race kit, Borg Warner EFR 7064. I only did that because I didn't want a open waste gate. I build boost around 2,500rpms, and am at 8 PSI. Tuner said it ran at 8 and fell to 6 at upper rpms, but I've not seen 6 PSI. I'm at 360hp, the RBC helps alot. I'm also 93 octane.

I'm sure I build boost sooner cause my EFR turbo should Max out around 550whp.

If I could do 52mph in first gear, I'd be much better off. I've got tires ordered, I only get traction in 3rd if it's 70F and dry out. Once the wife recovers I plan on doing gears and turning it up to 11psi, the final drive sounds like something I'll add. Will pay someone to do the gears most likely. Where did you source the final drive?
    You spool fast from the EFR turbo for sure, those things spool stupid quick. I have a larger turbo I believe as well, my turbo maxes out at 800hp. The 4.3 Final drive is what really makes the gears longer, it's also better for highway cruising because at like 75mph im at around 3k rpm in 6th outside of boost. GearX 1-4th are also a little taller so the combination makes it really long like that.
    Last edited by Chambers805; 03-31-2019 at 01:57 AM.
    K24Z7 - Crew Member #373

14' Honda Civic Si Coupe
    Vit-Viper Tuned
    Action Clutch -
    Stage 3
    Hawk Performance Brakes
    Progress Sway Bar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)