Novo's first modified car build
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Novo's first modified car build

Novo's first modified car build

So, I'm starting well into my build, but I figured better late than never. I learned a lot by seeing what others have done so I figured I'd post my build and hopefully help out some others.
    Bought my car new in July 2015 and started modifying it late 2017. This is the first "performance" car I've owned and the first car I've modified. I've done everything myself (outside of tuning) with a little help from a friend here and there. I'm far from a mechanic but with decent instructions and lots of research I've done ok so far. It's been fun, frustrating, expensive, and gratifying.
    Novo's first modified car build-imag0082.jpg

First few major mods were takeda momentum intake, RV6 catted downpipe, O.Z wheels, and Tein Flex Z coilovers. Wanted to do more without spending much so I picked up a few parts from Acuity and then experimented with PlastiDip and vinyl wrapping. The addiction was getting bad so a CTE supercharger was ordered and I waited 4 months to get it thankfully before they closed up shop. I'll list my mods, some of my experiences/opinions, and put in a few pics. If anyone has questions I'm happy to answer them. This car is my daily driver and so far I'm over 30k miles with about 3k miles supercharged.

Engine
    CTE supercharger, 3.6" pulley, 550cc DW injectors, IMT idler pulley (CT pulley failed within days of install)
    IMT 1.25" aftercooler
    Hasport RMM & Upper torque mount (both 62A)
    AEM intake
    RV6 catted downpipe; OE catback (Megan racing exhaust was too much for daily driver even with an extra resonator)
    Acuity silicone upper radiator hose (lower hose leaked on both ends so I want back to stock)
    Gates RPM stock length serpentine belt
    Password JDM ignition coil cover, side covers, ECU cover, fuse box cover, and radiator cover

Transmission
    Stock clutch...for now
    Acuity shifter base bushings, Acuity shift knob, Acuity transmission shifter cable bushings

Suspension/wheels
    Tein Flex Z coilovers
    DME rear camber kit
    O.Z. Omnia 17x7.5 +45 w/ Pirelli P Zero Nero GT 225/45

Interior
    Glowshift coolant temp and boost gauges housed in Perrin gauge pod
    Diode dynamics LED's in map lights, dome light, and trunk
    30% ceramic tint all around

Exterior/miscellaneous
    PlastiDipped emblems front and rear
    Carbon fiber vinyl wrapped chrome trim front and rear
    Diode Dynamics LED Brake lights, taillights, reverse lights, license plate lights
    PIAA plasma ion yellow fog lights, Sylvania silverstar lowbeams

Novo's first modified car build-20171114_111349.jpgrally car ride height
    Novo's first modified car build-20171115_171031.jpgfinally lowered
    Novo's first modified car build-20180822_125047.jpg
    Novo's first modified car build-20181016_233406.jpg
    Novo's first modified car build-20180919_175817.jpg
    Novo's first modified car build-20180923_145800-2-.jpg
    Novo's first modified car build-20180923_145741-2-.jpg

2015 Si Sedan - CTE supercharged (3.6" pulley, DW 550cc injectors, IMT idler pulley), IMT 1.25" charge-air cooler, Hasport RMM & Upper torque mount, AEM CAI, RV-6 catted DP. Tein Flex-Z coilovers, DME rear camber kit. O.Z. Omnia 17x7.5 +45 w/ Pirelli P Zero Nero GT 225/45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Simply clean well done man lovin it and its nice to see another local on here, im in clearwater. If that current exhaust is too loud try the q300 exhaust its quietest one for our car. Also who did you have tune the car
    Last edited by 12FG4Rallye; 01-04-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Quote Originally Posted by 12FG4Rallye View Post
    Simply clean well done man lovin it and its nice to see another local on here, im in clearwater. If that current exhaust is too loud try the q300 exhaust its quietest one for our car. Also who did you have tune the car
    Thanks! I'm actually over in Seminole. I see a few Si's in the area, but not too often around here. I almost went with the q300 but took a gamble on the Megan Racing because of their claim that "Megan Racing OE-RS series cat backs are based on factory style, with bigger piping, OEM style polished mufflers and quiet sound". It's much better with the additional resonator and I figured the $90 to get that welded in was better than buying a whole new exhaust.

I'm tuned/tuning with Steve at E-tunez right now. I am hoping to get my car over to LHT at some point for dyno tune, clutch, and a couple little things. Last time I reached out to them they were booked out 3 months so I should probably contact them soon if I want it done in spring.
    2015 Si Sedan - CTE supercharged (3.6" pulley, DW 550cc injectors, IMT idler pulley), IMT 1.25" charge-air cooler, Hasport RMM & Upper torque mount, AEM CAI, RV-6 catted DP. Tein Flex-Z coilovers, DME rear camber kit. O.Z. Omnia 17x7.5 +45 w/ Pirelli P Zero Nero GT 225/45.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NovoSi View Post
    Thanks! I'm actually over in Seminole. I see a few Si's in the area, but not too often around here. I almost went with the q300 but took a gamble on the Megan Racing because of their claim that "Megan Racing OE-RS series cat backs are based on factory style, with bigger piping, OEM style polished mufflers and quiet sound". It's much better with the additional resonator and I figured the $90 to get that welded in was better than buying a whole new exhaust.

I'm tuned/tuning with Steve at E-tunez right now. I am hoping to get my car over to LHT at some point for dyno tune, clutch, and a couple little things. Last time I reached out to them they were booked out 3 months so I should probably contact them soon if I want it done in spring.
    Are you going to import face off next sunday jan 13? I want to get tuned by john too over at lht but same thing i was wanting to get tuned in october and thwy were booked until January 2019. If youre tuning with steve though i wouldnt worry about going to lht for a dyno tune steves e tunes are spot on. If you do want a local person theres john vega from phearable hes been tuning hondas for over 10 years and he did a great job with mine but i will say when i do have to retune for when i add more power i will be going with steve because for the price you just cant beat it.

205 whp
    174 wtq

Big Timer!!!
    You have a beautiful cat!
    NovoSi likes this.
    Si HFP Club Member # 97

2012 FG4 K24Z7 HFP Crystal Black Pearl
    215/45R17 Kuhmo Solus HA31
    17x8 AVID.1 AV-20 Bronze +35 off-set

Are you going to import face off next sunday jan 13?
    I won't be there...I honestly knew nothing about it. I'll have to make sure I remember so I can make it next year.

IMT aftercooler install completed. Went easy on it until I get it retuned, but it seemed to feel a bit stronger on a few gentle half throttle pulls.
    Novo's first modified car build-20190103_153712.jpg
    Novo's first modified car build-20190103_161015.jpg
    Novo's first modified car build-20190105_151340.jpg
    procivic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NovoSi View Post
    I won't be there...I honestly knew nothing about it. I'll have to make sure I remember so I can make it next year.
    Dang thats a shame id love to see your car in person and do a friendly run when its all done being tuned to see the difference. Id love to run a ct supercharger one day

205 whp
    174 wtq

Engine bay looking good, not sure if you have enough carbon fiber.
    NovoSi likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Dang thats a shame id love to see your car in person and do a friendly run when its all done being tuned to see the difference. Id love to run a ct supercharger one day
    I'll let you know when it's all tuned and maybe we can meet up sometime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)