Need a reputable shop
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Need a reputable shop

Hi guys I'm looking for a reputable shop to install my kraftwerks supercharger / clutch/ fuel pump/ header / downpipe/ exhaust and engine mounts. 2015 civic si 2 door coupe. Im from kitchener Ontario Canada. I'd like a shop that can install and tune for me . I have called alot of shops with various pricing. I'm looking for the most reputable. Thanks my friends. Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Hi guys I'm looking for a reputable shop to install my kraftwerks supercharger / clutch/ fuel pump/ header / downpipe/ exhaust and engine mounts. 2015 civic si 2 door coupe. Im from kitchener Ontario Canada. I'd like a shop that can install and tune for me . I have called alot of shops with various pricing. I'm looking for the most reputable. Thanks my friends. Cheers.
    I doubt if a reputable shop would do that kind of work. Sounds like an oxymoronic request.
    Question authority.

Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    I doubt if a reputable shop would do that kind of work. Sounds like an oxymoronic request.
    Keep telling those darn kids to not mod their civics!

Op, I'm not familiar with your area. There's not forum members in my area either, so I just asked some people with other imports locally. Also checked out their Facebook page to see what they had in their shop. Didn't work out as I hoped but the car is done and running.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Need to chill tf out with this Debbie Downer bullshit, dude. Yes, your thoughts on the R18 are valid, but they don't apply to the Si. And being a complete dick to a noob with a valid build question is counter-productive to the forum and Honda fam in general. You don't have to like what ppl do or want to do, but stop shitting all over ppl for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roadcourse seriously killing me with this don't mod your civic thing. Wouldn't be here if it weren't for people modding shit box econo civics from back in the day.

To Matty, sifamily is right, check the local facebook pages and the shop pages too. See if you can find locals with modded civic's and see what they say. You might not get the answer you want, but it can help point you in the right direction. I found the shop i'm going to use by asking around.
    modrid81 likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Hey . Thanks for the reply. I'm a noob when I comes to the forum . But not when it comes to modding my car . I work full time and I'm a dad so my time is tight
    why would you not want to mod the civic si ? . It's incredibly fun . And not to mention fast as hell. I have checked out several fb pages and think I've narrowed it down. I was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions. Good or bad I appreciate it . Thanks.
    modrid81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by modrid81 View Post
    Need to chill tf out with this Debbie Downer bullshit, dude. Yes, your thoughts on the R18 are valid, but they don't apply to the Si. And being a complete dick to a noob with a valid build question is counter-productive to the forum and Honda fam in general. You don't have to like what ppl do or want to do, but stop shitting all over ppl for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wow. You're quite the vulgar, hot tempered authoritarian. Had a bad day? Beer might help you out. The Si has a larger Honda economy car engine and some suspension differences. It's anything but a "sports car". I'm entitled to my opinions and you can have yours. Just check your temper at the door. Honda makes economy cars and they used to be pretty good at it.
    Last edited by Roadcourse; 04-19-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Question authority.

Wow. You're quite the vulgar, hot tempered authoritarian. Had a bad day? Beer might help you out. The Si has a larger Honda economy car engine and some suspension differences. It's anything but a "sports car". I'm entitled to my opinions and you can have yours. Just check your temper at the door. Honda makes economy cars and they used to be pretty good at it.
    Almost all of your posts on this forum include some sort of insult, whether its directed at a forum member or some random political figure with no relevance to the thread you're posting in. I really don't understand how you think it's a valid move to retreat to this "Why are you picking on me!?" routine.

No, the civic Si is not a sports car. It isn't a sports car because its based on an aging econobox platform with severe handling limitations. The engine on the other hand is very befitting of a sports car, a sentiment Atom agrees with. K series engines aren't just "larger economy car engines" There's A LOT of very impressive engineering that went into making the K series so responsive, free revving and relatively powerful. You should look into it, Honda wasn't surpassing Porsche and Ferrari in specific output by building large economy car engines.

I'm lucky enough to be able to drive a wide variety of cars at the limit, including BMW M cars and Porsches and even in this company the Si's powertrain feels the most racy. The eagerness to rev, the lightness of the flywheel and the precise engagement of all the controls are why Vtec powertrains have received so much praise. No, 200hp isn't fast in 2019, but that's why people like OP are interested in forced induction. K series engines make and hold power extremely well for a 4 cylinder, FI builds easily net 400hp, most economy engines can't do this.

This is a car forum and many people here are enthusiasts with varying goals, not everyone is here with the intention of averaging 40 MPG over 200k miles. There's really no need to constantly remind people of how stupid they are for not sharing your priorities and interests.
    2013 DBP Si Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
    Almost all of your posts on this forum include some sort of insult, whether its directed at a forum member or some random political figure with no relevance to the thread you're posting in. I really don't understand how you think it's a valid move to retreat to this "Why are you picking on me!?" routine.

No, the civic Si is not a sports car. It isn't a sports car because its based on an aging econobox platform with severe handling limitations. The engine on the other hand is very befitting of a sports car, a sentiment Atom agrees with. K series engines aren't just "larger economy car engines" There's A LOT of very impressive engineering that went into making the K series so responsive, free revving and relatively powerful. You should look into it, Honda wasn't surpassing Porsche and Ferrari in specific output by building large economy car engines.

I'm lucky enough to be able to drive a wide variety of cars at the limit, including BMW M cars and Porsches and even in this company the Si's powertrain feels the most racy. The eagerness to rev, the lightness of the flywheel and the precise engagement of all the controls are why Vtec powertrains have received so much praise. No, 200hp isn't fast in 2019, but that's why people like OP are interested in forced induction. K series engines make and hold power extremely well for a 4 cylinder, FI builds easily net 400hp, most economy engines can't do this.

This is a car forum and many people here are enthusiasts with varying goals, not everyone is here with the intention of averaging 40 MPG over 200k miles. There's really no need to constantly remind people of how stupid they are for not sharing your priorities and interests.
    Thank you for the lecture. You don't come from a higher position but in you own mind. I've owned an M Series and have tracked another as well as other vehicles with proper & qualified track education and don't need to be impressed by that. We'll just have to disagree on some things. Not everyone here has the intention of street racing (why else would somebody mod a Honda like the OP is looking to do?) and there is no track class for such a modded Honda. Concerning politics, it affects anyone that drives a car so face it. Retreat, seriously, LOL?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Ted Geisel aka "Dr. Seuss"
    Last edited by Roadcourse; 04-20-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    Question authority.

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Beginning with the second post in this thread, the tack the conversation has taken is ridiculous. Any continuation of the negativity from the one dissenting party will not be ignored.
    dpetro1 and bfaided1984 like this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)