The following rules apply to all members of 9thgencivic.com. They are instated to ensure a well-run board and to embrace meaningful discussions related to the Civic
1. No vendor advertising unless you are registered as a vendor with our site. This includes but is not limited to threads, posts, avatars, and signatures. For advertising information please contact the site administrator.
2. Before posting a question, please conduct a search for an answer. Duplicate topics will be closed.
3. Absolutely no postings of nudity or sexually explicit materials. This site is "work friendly" and any images or avatars deemed unacceptable will be removed.
4. The moderators and administrators of 9thgencivic.com have the right to edit/open/close/move/delete any thread or post.
5. Some foul language is permitted. Users of excessive foul language will be warned in extreme cases. Racism is NOT permitted.
6. No bashing vendors, shops, or other websites without just cause. 9thgencivic.com reserves the right to determine when just cause has been proven.
7. 9thgencivic.com is an English-speaking forum. The contents of every message SHOULD be written with proper English. If you have been warned and the content is not corrected within 24 hours, your message will be deleted. Some text-speak is acceptable, but if other users cannot understand your post it will be removed. Just be reasonable!
8. Post subjects should give an honest description of the content inside. This information should either be included in the subject or description line. Furthermore, subjects and messages should not have any derogatory comments towards any race, gender, sexuality, ethnic background, or age.
9. All issues with members should be taken up by email or through the use of our pm system. If you like, you may contact a moderator or staff member to mediate.
If someone has made an offensive post, or is violating the site rules, rather than starting/participating in an argument, please click the report bad post button on the left hand side of the post in question. This alerts staff members to the situation and we can take appropriate actions. If you choose to participate in a public flame war/argument rather than doing this, you may be on the receiving end of a reprimand rather than a thank you note.
10. Flaming will not be tolerated for any reason. Users who verbally assault other posters on a regular basis will be banned. Name-calling is not acceptable. Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You are an idiot" is. Forum-wide abuse of this rule will result in the enforcement of the Zero-tolerance policy found here.
11. New Topics should be posted in the correct forum with an accurate description. Topics posted in the wrong forum will either be moved or deleted without moderator notification. If you continue to post messages in the wrong forum, you will be warned. If you cannot locate your thread, view your started threads in your profile. If it is not listed it was deleted.
12. When replying to a thread in ANY of our forums, the poster should have at least one of the following: additional content pertaining to the subject, a related technical question. Replies with useless, unrelated comments or questions will be deleted.
13. No cross posting allowed. Do not copy the text from your new thread to another thread in a different forum. You may copy the link to your first thread and post that in another forum if you feel that the topic is related. The goal is to prevent two discussions on the same topic at the same time.
14. We at 9thgencivic.com value the safety of all members and all drivers on the road. However, we understand that from time to time, you may want to push the speed of your vehicle on public roads. We would prefer that you keep racing on the track. If you wish to post or discuss exhibition of speed on public roads, we at 9thgencivic.com will not be liable for your actions, but you may be allowed to share videos and stories, granted that it is not a blatant disregard for the safety of others on the road.
15. The For Sale forum is for contributing members of the site and has its own set of rules. Selling is permitted ONLY in the For Sale section. Sales topics outside of this area or in violation of the section's rules will be deleted without warning. Also sales posts or "Want to Buy / Trade" posts of any kind under signature section are not permitted.
16. "Low Balling" in the Marketplace is not allowed. This includes comments on price, where to get it cheaper or any inflammatory remarks. (9thgencivic.com is in no way responsible for any transaction that takes place through this site. We are not Ebay. Please read the full set of rules in the for sale area before posting a product for sale.)
17. Using the PM system to circumvent any of the site rules or policies is strictly prohibited. Any member engaging in this activity will be banned.
19. Multiple screen names is strictly forbidden. Any member found to be posting under two screen names will be banned for a minimum of 7 days and the additional accounts will be removed. Any repeat offense of this rule will result in a permanent ban of the member. Especially relevant under voting circumstances (ROTM) where results are skewed. All duplicate and primary accounts will be banned on FIRST notice, no exceptions.
20. Setting up meets; Banners and list of parking and prices are ok so long as it is not in an area where a site sponsor is (as in city), you can put it at a shop location (so long as the shop in question is not promoting themselves or the user promoting the shop and trying to sell thing). Facebook links are not allowed but links to the event are fine as long as they are not breaking the first part of this rule. Let's keep the list of people attending the event on the forum and create a list in the OP of confirmed guests.
Members that violate these rules will typically be warned. If the offense is repeated then they may be banned for a time determined by the administrators and moderators.
ORIGINALLY POSTED/MODIFIED BY SKRUB
This thread is closed to prevent any discussion. Any issues please feel free to PM either T_Virus, Digger, or bradensullivan
, scottyrocks, DWils, kev604