9th Gen Civic POP Crew - Page 1626
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Poll: What's your age group?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1626 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 6261126152615761616162416251626
Results 16,251 to 16,259 of 16259
Like Tree16272Likes

Thread: 9th Gen Civic POP Crew

Finally, A Maintenance To Do...

Something besides oil and filters. The original equipment wiper blades needed replacement. They had begun to leave tiny streaks in light rain. The originals lasted 6 years. I bought replacement blades four years ago at the dealership, so they were handy. R&R was stupid simple and quick.

I've been so busy since we built our new home in 2015, that I haven't much time for forums. So, hello to all of the POP Crew here. Black Betty runs just like she did when we drove it off the lot in March of 2013. The 2017 Fit we bought last August as a company executive car runs like new also, but it's only got 16K miles on it.

It's raining all day here, so I'm going to try to fix a relative's old PC. Going back in time to XP. Best wishes to all.
    2013 CBP EX-L sedan w/Navi.: K&N Drop In
    53,000 Mi.;Avg MPG:33 city;44 hiway;87 E10;ECON On
    72 mos. old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.
    2017 Milano Red Fit EX-L w/Navi. K&N Drop In
    16,000 M. Avg. MPG 35 City, 45 Hiway 87 E-10 ECON On
    I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    Old Age & Treachery Trumps Youth & Exuberance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Glad to see you dropping in, Jamis, and that all is well.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

What's up guys. Sorry I'm not on much anymore. I'm doing well... fully adjusted to the divorced life and the GTI has had zero issues after a year.

Hope everyone is well!
    POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue
    2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mreggball View Post
    What's up guys. Sorry I'm not on much anymore. I'm doing well... fully adjusted to the divorced life and the GTI has had zero issues after a year.

Hope everyone is well!
    That's good to hear on both fronts.
    mreggball likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Hey guys. Been forever, coming back to say hi. Gonna rub Roadcourse the wrong way, but thank you Mr. Trump's trade policy for nailing my job, been out of work for 3 months now. Been applying for jobs since then but the market is being very picky or expecting 60% cuts in pay (...no joke...).

One company wanted a CFD expert, project manager, modeling guru, business-focused engineer for $50k/year with 10+ years of industry experience. A good CFD guy goes for $150k/year with that level of experience and he's not necessarily gonna hit all the other things they were looking for. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but as a rookie leaving college with zero experience, I was making $60k/year in 2007 and as a burger flipper at McD's here, you're gonna make $35k/year thanks to the minimum wage...

Oh well. How you all doing?
    bluestar gave me the clap.

K24Z7 Crew Member #11
    HFP Crew Member #11

2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Crystal Black Pearl
    2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - Barcelona Red

Quote Originally Posted by FooBird View Post
    Hey guys. Been forever, coming back to say hi. Gonna rub Roadcourse the wrong way, but thank you Mr. Trump's trade policy for nailing my job, been out of work for 3 months now. Been applying for jobs since then but the market is being very picky or expecting 60% cuts in pay (...no joke...).

One company wanted a CFD expert, project manager, modeling guru, business-focused engineer for $50k/year with 10+ years of industry experience. A good CFD guy goes for $150k/year with that level of experience and he's not necessarily gonna hit all the other things they were looking for. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but as a rookie leaving college with zero experience, I was making $60k/year in 2007 and as a burger flipper at McD's here, you're gonna make $35k/year thanks to the minimum wage...

That sucks man. I thought this was a great time to be looking for a job.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Good luck in your search. Hopefully something decent comes your way soon!

Being recently divorced, I'm watching my budget very carefully. I make an excellent salary and it's still hard to save. My only real "luxury" is my GTI.
    Last edited by mreggball; 04-16-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue
    2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

Doesn't rub me the wrong way. I can't name a politician I like. Sorry to hear your issue.

If you're willing to move (I damned sure would be) there aren't enough people for engineering and technical jobs where I live. PM me if you want to know more about here and other places like that.

This economy won't be replicated for a LONG time. Get it while it's here.
    Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

Guns don't kill people, drivers on cell phones kill people.

Drain the swamp. Force term limits.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to make people believe he doesn't exist".......a movie.

what's a CFD expert?

i'm a project manager and i quit looking as i found there were looking for similar people that foo is running into. money ain't great where i work but the benefits are second to none. i've earned 30 days a year of PTO time...and i take about 40 days when it's all said and done. leave early for this...come in late because of this. work from home because ..... well, just because.

they don't care as long as i get my work done. i was gone at a volleyball tournament, out of town. i answered a few emails from my phone...they considered that work, so didn't count PTO against me. cant' get that elsewhere.
    mreggball likes this.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)