9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Si High Milers Club

538K views 4K replies 312 participants last post by  Clean12Coupe 
#1 ·
This is for all the members that are self professed drive-a-holics! Some of us drive our cars way too much. My goal with any new Honda is to see how long it takes to get that drivers seat to feel like it was formed just for me. It will be interesting to see who else racks up at least double the national average of miles driven per year.

I will get it started with a meager 15,688 miles on this day. Bought this ride on 10/30/11 so just about six months of enjoyment.

#5 ·
i have about 12500 km(7500 miles roughly) on mine and i got mine december 21 2011, and i am making a trip down to the tail of the dragon in july so i am gonna be putting alot on it

#6 ·
I better keep up my pace since you all are catching up fast! Really glad to see others driving the wheels of their Si's.

#9 ·
Congratulations on what most would consider a milestone! Here it is more like an extended test drive.

How long have you had your car?

#8 ·
younger guy at work go on to me on how i drive my car too much so I told him that i didnt buy the car to sit in the driveway i bought it to drive it people like that will never understand

#10 ·
I get that a lot too. Not sure why people want to treat them like driveway ornaments at all.

#13 ·
Mine only has 1000 miles on it and is sitting in the driveway because I just had surgery. My commute is long so I'm expecting to start pouring on the miles. I'll start driving it again in a week.
you have a valid excuse, plus with your technical prowess we would be dumb not to accept you in the high milers. Hope you get that hip ready to ride soon.

#12 ·
I bought mine 9/30/11 and my odo reads 12,700 mi. :D

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#14 ·
Welcome big miler from TX! Good stack o miles there for sure.

Reactions: MrK24
#16 ·
7500 miles as of last night took delivery on 1/23/12 with 7 miles on the clock. I am moving from Phoenix, AZ to Atlanta, GA tomorrow. I suspect I'll have 10K by the end of next week.

#18 ·
I'm going until it can't go no more.

Car #1 - 137,000 when I sold it for a $1000 profit (17 years old). Still around town 5 years later.
Car #2 - 143,000 (still for weekend muddy trips - 10 years old)
Car #3 - Si with 6,000 now on odo.

Reactions: 9GenSi
#22 ·
I should roll over 1,000 miles tomorrow! I bought mine a week ago Friday! 4th Honda, first civic though. What a fun car to rack up the miles in, though!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#25 ·
Looks like I lost the high miler spot! Well I do need motivation so it's a race to 20k, LOL.

#24 ·
That is quite an early pace you are setting there bkrell. I had 1,000 on mine in the first 3 days I owned mine. It helped that the dealership was 500 miles from home though.

#26 ·
13,000 miles.. purchased 9/21/2011(late birthday present).. i originally didnt want to drive it alot and started getting worried when i saw the miles climbing but i eventually stopped caring..lol.. i have loved every mile :wigglesmiley:

Reactions: 9GenSi
#27 ·
I am hoping to get an image similar to this one someday with this car.

Speedometer Auto part Gauge Odometer Night

I have a habit of high miling my Si's.

#33 ·
are you trying to keep the "first Si sold in North America" a low mileage trade in or what? Ha Ha drive that thing.