cat paw prints on windsheild....how can I get rid of em?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: cat paw prints on windsheild....how can I get rid of em?

cat paw prints on windsheild....how can I get rid of em?

Hey guys so basically I live in an apartment complex and I have my car parked in a car port outside my apartment but theres a stray cat that hangs out in the parking lot and likes to sit on some of the cars in the middle of the night....and I know when its been on my car because whenever I go out to it in the morning theres always paw prints on the roof the hood and especially all over the windshield...usually Im able to wipe off the prints on the hood and roof with just a wet cloth but the prints on the windshield are more stubborn and don't completely wipe away with a wet cloth and also the wet cloth leaves a bunch of streaks that are super annoying when I drive so I was wondering what you guys might recommend to take care of the paw prints and avoid streaking?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Try washing it with some car soap or take it to the local car wash.

You should talk to the cat and let him know you don't approve of him sitting on your car
    Black Honda Civic 2013

Skunk2 MegaPower RR Exhaust
    Skunk2 Alpha Series Header
    K&N Intake
    P2R Throttle Body Spacer
    Hondata FlashPro
    VitViper Tune
    Hasport 70a RMM
    Acuity's Short Shifter(Handles like a dream)

80k miles and counting!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    My neighbors cats get on my car sometimes too. It's really annoying, I know they don't mean any harm but they usually leave scratches for me to fix.
    RitcheyRch likes this.

Trap it then dispose of it. Pellet guns work nicely (gamo) but living in a appt. complex might make that difficult. May need to hire a hit man.
    StickerBombdFB6 likes this.
    Question authority.

Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

Car Care Ambassador
    White vinegar in a spray blttle and a lint free cloth. Don't use on paint

You're lucky it's only one. The neighbor behind us has a derilect shed that has a pair of feral cats living under it. He's old, nearly immobile, and clueless. Last year they had a litter of 7 kittens. Another neighbor was able to capture the litter, take them to a rescue organization who neutered them for $5 each and the neighbor was able to find homes for them. This year the pair had another litter of 5 kittens, no one has been able to trap them so now we have 7 feral cats living under the shed. The rescue organization will lend live traps to citizens to facilitate the neutering program. The problem is some woman in the neighborhood is feeding them so the clouder will continue to get bigger. She's been told about the problem, but she insists that she's only feeding one certain cat (BS). They deficate in my yard, so I have to search my property every day so my dog won't get into their disease ridden waste. There's a bird carcass lying out in my front yard this morning, which is likely from one of the feral cats. For some reason, cats are not regulated by law like dogs are. I'd try cleaning the windshield with Invisable Glass cleaner. It's really strong stuff.
    2013 CBP EX-L sedan w/Navi.: K&N Drop In
    54,000 Mi.;Avg MPG:33 city;44 hiway;87 E10;ECON On
    79 mos. old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.
    2017 Milano Red Fit EX-L w/Navi. K&N Drop In
    17,000 M. Avg. MPG 35 City, 45 Hiway 87 E-10 ECON On
    I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    Old Age & Treachery Trumps Youth & Exuberance.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpingblack13si View Post
    My neighbors cats get on my car sometimes too. It's really annoying, I know they don't mean any harm but they usually leave scratches for me to fix.
    yeah I agree its annoying having to go out to my car earlier than usual to try and wipe off the paw prints before I can drive it but thankfully the one in my complex has yet to scratch my baby and hopefully it doesn't ever....I can tolerate having to clean paw prints off my car but having to deal with scratches is another story.

And to the rest of the people who posted thank you for the suggestions Ill be trying the white vinegar and spray bottle trick later today and hope it works!

i'd just kill the cat, I don't trust those furry little bastards LOL
    Roadcourse likes this.

2013 CBP Si Sedan

Type R Badges // OEM Door Visors // Rear Window Visor // BLOX Spherical Neo Chrome Knob // Type A Lip // K&N Typhoon 69 Series SRI // Homemade Vinyls....everywhere // Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs // "JDM" License Plate Relocator // Invidia N1 Catback exhaust (burnt tip)

Hidden Content

I had this problem too, I caught my neighbors cat on the hood of my car, TWICE! and, I caught him sleeping on the bench in our backyard patio so I finally went and spoke to my neighbors...not sure if they got rid of him or what, but I've been cat free for about 5 months.
    K24 Crew Member #909
    2012 PMM FB6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)