Meguiar`s Endurance vs Chemical Guys VSP
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coastie05

Thread: Meguiar`s Endurance vs Chemical Guys VSP

Meguiar`s Endurance vs Chemical Guys VSP

Today I decided to take my favorite tire gel and put it up against a water based tire conditioner. Here you have it, Meguairs`s Endurance vs Chemical Guys VSP.

Before I applied either tire dressing, I cleaned the tires and the wheels with Chemical Guys Eco Smart Waterless wash. I scrubbed the tires to make sure both dressings were being applied to clean surfaces.

I applied two coats of each dressing to each tire while waiting 15 minutes between application. The Meguiar`s tire gel has been my favorite because it seems to last the longest out of every product I have used. Does it have a downside? Yes. Because it is a gel, it tends to be a tad bit messy to apply. Once applied if you dont let the product sit and penetrate the tire pores the Endurance Gel will fling off onto the cars paint. VSP by Chemical guys is more like a lotion. Its very simple to apply and no mess. It drys instantly on the tires. I tend to believe that the Endurance tire gel is still a bit more shiny than the Chemical Guy`s VSP, but VSP was much cleaner and easy to apply with no product flinging off onto the paint. The VSP definitely the better smelling of both products.

Meguiars Tire Gel

Chemical Guy`s VSP

Both products are great, but Im going to give Meguiar`s the win by a slight margin. I will keep this thread updated to see which shine actually last the longest.

PS. Pardon the dirty rotors, its been raining a lot here and my cars just been sitting.
    Last edited by frtorres87; 03-03-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    2015 Crystal Black Pearl Civic Si Sedan
    -Air Lift Performance Suspension-
    -Sponsored by Pro Civic
    -Instagram: Bettyblack9th

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

They both look really good!
    frtorres87 likes this.
    R18 Crew Member #53
    2018 Pilot EX AWD SSM (wife's)
    2013 CRV EX PMM (mine)
    2014 FB2 LX ASM (sold)
    2001 Acura Integra GSR (sold)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Meguiar's endurance gel looks pretty good, I've never tried that product before but might grab one next time I see it on sale.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    I use a ton of the chemical guys and poor boys waxes and polishes. For the money they seem great and they have never let me down.

i've been using Endurance shine for years. Great product and smells just like grape kool-aid, it's a win-win.
    2015 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Acuity Curl CAI, Hasport Torque Mount & Rear Motor Mount, Acuity Shift Linkage & Shifter Base Bushings, Acuity ESCO Shift Knob, BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S, FKX RSB/LTB, SiriMoto FSB/RLTB, Full Race Cat-Back, RV6 Catted DP

Big Timer!!!
    do you not find the endurance over time turns the tires brown due to it having more silicon and solvent in the product

I haven't really noticed before. Usually wash the car, clean and shine the tires usually every other week or two. I'll keep an eye on them to see if they turn brown.
    2015 Rallye Red Si Coupe
    Acuity Curl CAI, Hasport Torque Mount & Rear Motor Mount, Acuity Shift Linkage & Shifter Base Bushings, Acuity ESCO Shift Knob, BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S, FKX RSB/LTB, SiriMoto FSB/RLTB, Full Race Cat-Back, RV6 Catted DP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)