Clay Bar and Carnauba Wax
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clay Bar and Carnauba Wax

Greenhorn

Clay Bar and Carnauba Wax

Hello everyone,,
    i decided to clay bar my 12 LX after two years.. I never done clay bar before this..
    The first thing i did : wash my car with Meguiars wash shampoo.. After it done,i dry it and feel the body and roof with my finger and hand... Not too bad.. Most part are smooth,but some i can feel it rough,but not very rough...

Then i decided to do clay bar.. Took out 1 Meguiars clay bar and cut into half.. while i clay bar,i can see that there is not a lot of contamination on the clay bar. Could it be because i do not use enough power? I just use a lot of the spray and then clay bar it using circular motion.. I start with Roof.. Clay bar the whole roof,then dry it out.. After that Trunk, rear bumper , right side body , hood , front bumper , left side body...

After done with clay bar , i took out my Meguiars carnauba paste wax ( Should have buy the liquid better ).. Using the pad, i start waxing from roof, Trunk, rear bumper , right side body , hood , front bumper , left side body. After each section, i always wipe it with micro fiber...
    Finish everything within 3 hours.. Then i try to swipe my hand on the roof,but i still can feel the contamination... could it be because i leave the hood too long before wax?

some of the body part i can feel it very smooth,but not on the hood.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lincon View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    i decided to clay bar my 12 LX after two years.. I never done clay bar before this..
    The first thing i did : wash my car with Meguiars wash shampoo.. After it done,i dry it and feel the body and roof with my finger and hand... Not too bad.. Most part are smooth,but some i can feel it rough,but not very rough...

Then i decided to do clay bar.. Took out 1 Meguiars clay bar and cut into half.. while i clay bar,i can see that there is not a lot of contamination on the clay bar. Could it be because i do not use enough power? I just use a lot of the spray and then clay bar it using circular motion.. I start with Roof.. Clay bar the whole roof,then dry it out.. After that Trunk, rear bumper , right side body , hood , front bumper , left side body...

After done with clay bar , i took out my Meguiars carnauba paste wax ( Should have buy the liquid better ).. Using the pad, i start waxing from roof, Trunk, rear bumper , right side body , hood , front bumper , left side body. After each section, i always wipe it with micro fiber...
    Finish everything within 3 hours.. Then i try to swipe my hand on the roof,but i still can feel the contamination... could it be because i leave the hood too long before wax?

some of the body part i can feel it very smooth,but not on the hood.
    Wash the car with Dawn. Dry it. Spray one section at a time with Meguires or equivalent then keep wet as using clay bar over paint. Lightly drag (for lack of a better word) the clay bar in a linear motion over each wetted section then go to the next section and repeat. When the entire car is finished, wash it with Dawn again, then wax it with any kind of wax. The whole process shouldn't take more than an hour and a half if you're slow. I can't imagine what you were doing for three hours. Why did you use half of a clay bar? Read instructions. Any method would have been better than what you used. FWIW.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)