The Official Interior Cleaning thread
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Official Interior Cleaning thread

The Official Interior Cleaning thread

Love this topic -

So I used Armoral Interior Wipes for the inside plastic parts of my CIVIC (dashboard, center console, steering wheel) and it left marks and dry spots behind.

Help!

How do you guys clean the inside of your CIVIC's.

Also, for my windows i use tint-safe spray and a cloth special for windows - works like a charm.
    It's Either Play or Get Played

2012 Civic LX Sedan BLACK

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

i hear those wipes start to discolor the plastic, unless im thinking of a different kind of wipe.

is windex safe for the windows ? given that they arent tinted

Quote Originally Posted by jagwar5397 View Post
    Love this topic -

So I used Armoral Interior Wipes for the inside plastic parts of my CIVIC (dashboard, center console, steering wheel) and it left marks and dry spots behind.

Help!

How do you guys clean the inside of your CIVIC's.

Also, for my windows i use tint-safe spray and a cloth special for windows - works like a charm.
    My dad used Armor All on his old Mazda and it caused the dash to crack and discolor. Instead check out this site and hopefully if can provide you with good information. Interior Car Care: products to clean & protect all plastic, vinyl, leather, rubber & fabrics... vinyl protectant, leather cleaner, conditioner,
    Also, you can always pop over to Amazon and read reviews on several products. This can help you get a good consensus on whether or not a product is good and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by rain91 View Post
    i hear those wipes start to discolor the plastic, unless im thinking of a different kind of wipe.

is windex safe for the windows ? given that they arent tinted
    As long as it is NOT ammonia based windex you should be fine. Make sure you use a microfiber cloth as well. Search the forums and you will find a thread where I asked this same question and got lots of good replies back.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Car Care Ambassador
    I use a cheap microfiber towel and a mixture of Woolite & water to clean the interior. Mix is 6:1 water/Woolite for heavier cleaning and 10:1 for lighter stuff.

As for dressing the plastic I use 303 or Meguiars #40 vinyl and plastic dressing. Most of the dressings that are milky colored and water soluable work fine .. Don't spray on the dash etc. Spray on a cloth and apply. If too shiny then follow with a damp wipe and it will reduce it some.

Have a look here http://www3.telus.net/jesstzn/Woolite.html

As far as the wipes discoloring .. never heard that .. too many wives tails out there now.

As for window cleaning .. if they are after market tintes then you need a solution that is ammonia free... thay usually say tint safe on the container.

As for non-tinted ... use what ya like ... doesn't matter.

Car Care Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoItsFelix View Post
    My dad used Armor All on his old Mazda and it caused the dash to crack and discolor. .
    Thats the wives tale I was talking about ... that was never substantiated .... so lets not cultivate it here ... most of those old dashes cracked because at the time they never knew to put UV protectants in the soft dash materials. I saw lots of dashes crack back then and nothing was used on them ..

On top of that ... todays Armorall Protectant is a different based product.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Does anyone have a recommendation on a windshield visor? Brand, website etc?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    2012 CBP CIVIC SI COUPE
    --INTAKE RESONATOR DELETE, K&N DROP IN FILTER, HFP AERO KIT, CHROME WHEELS
    K24Z7 Crew Member #38
    Si HFP Club Member #12

Got mine from college hills Honda.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    2012 CBP Si coupe

K24Z7 Crew Member 4

I take a microfiber cloth, wipe down all surfaces and vacuum the car. Then afterward, I take those "armor-all" wipes and take it to all leather and smooth surfaces. I haven't had to clean the seats yet (only vacuumed). Not sure what product to use on this material. The Dash is a different story...I used a small amount of armor-all on it but I usually just wipe it down with the cloth. It has a weird texture, I don't like it at all.

Thanks for the input.
    It's Either Play or Get Played

2012 Civic LX Sedan BLACK

I used the wipes before but it seemed to add extra build up in strange places. Now I use the already. My neighbor is very ocd and touchy and only users the already and had been for years. Never heard him talk about cracking or anything. I suggest to get a good spray and micro fiber towel and go to town after a clean.

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
    2012 Civic SI (DD and some) Stock for now (tested rotex supercharger) -sold
    1999 Camaro Big Block (Straight line only) 550rwhp - 760rwhp(nitrous) - sold
    2012 Dodge Challenger R/T - sold
    2008 Nighthawk Civic Si TTS supercharged
    WE WE Hidden Content Pure adrenaline

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)