9th Gen Civic License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play installation! Same-day shipping!
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 9th Gen Civic License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play installation! Same-day shipping!

Supporting Vendor Diode Dynamics's Avatar

Lightbulb 9th Gen Civic License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play installation! Same-day shipping!

Honda Civic License Plate LEDs

License plate bulbs are used to illuminate the rear license plate on your Honda Civic. From the factory, the bulbs are incandescent, lighting up in a yellowish color.

Newer luxury cars use LED modules to illuminate the license plate with modern, cool white light. By changing your license plate bulbs to LED, you can easily add this luxury look to your Civic!

The installation is 100% plug-and-play, just replace your factory bulb.

With low price and easy install, this is one of the best, easiest modifications you can do to improve how your Civic looks at night.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several bulb options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs. (24 lumens)
    HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright! (56 lumens)
    HP5: Nearly triple the brightness of OEM! (92 lumens)

Bulb Design

SMD2: Similarly compact design, with two 5050-size Epistar SMD chips, driven at high power for maximum effective brightness. Outputs at 180 degrees.

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Civic).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Honda Civic Sedan License Plate LEDs

Honda Civic Coupe License Plate LEDs

194 LED Bulb Models

Honda Civic Sedan License Plate LEDs

Honda Civic Coupe License Plate LEDs

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or Email [email protected]

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
    Nick C.
    Diode Dynamics

Customer Reviews

"These lights are amazing ! Super bright and great quality...shipped out fast and they came in the mail in like 3 days ! Will be buying more from this company !" (Posted on August 20, 2013) -Mark

"I just received my LEDs in the mail and installed them, they look great, way better than stock and I have been getting a lot of compliments on them. Definitely a great upgrade for my car, great job guys!" (Posted on March 12, 2013) -Aaron

"These led's light up the license plate area really nicely. They are so bright that they cast an underglow on the road. Nice luxury look for my car.

Thanks DD!"Posted on August 6, 2012) -BG

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 10-03-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    pumab0ii likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

i went to your sight, and no interior kit for the 2014 civic. and, i went to get the license plate lights, all said 'out of stock'. what would an interior kit, trunk and license plate (2) run, once you had them in stock?
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

Diode Dynamics rock and light up the world for all to see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9th Gen Civic License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play installation! Same-day shipping!-image.jpg   9th Gen Civic License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play installation! Same-day shipping!-image.jpg  
    jtsi2012 and Diode Dynamics like this.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

The newly designed HP5 is now in stock!

Send us a PM for free-shipping! (U.S. only)

Nick C.

Quote Originally Posted by ScootR View Post
    Diode Dynamics rock and light up the world for all to see.
    R they really that blue or more white?

Quote Originally Posted by NJ14KCM View Post
    R they really that blue or more white?
    We don't recommend blue for license plate or reverse light applications

Our cool white is not going to have much color to it at all

Nick C.

got mine a couple of days ago and they work great! thanks for free shipping
    Diode Dynamics likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snjeung View Post
    got mine a couple of days ago and they work great! thanks for free shipping
    Thanks for ordering with us!

I'd love to see some pictures with them installed

Nick C.

Nooblets
    It's hard to get a picture that shows just how great these look. I picked up the brightest set and they look fantastic. I was afraid that they'd be a bit much/ostentatious, but they are perfect. I couldn't be happier!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9th Gen Civic License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play installation! Same-day shipping!-1423787771524.jpg   9th Gen Civic License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play installation! Same-day shipping!-1423787793576.jpg  
    Diode Dynamics likes this.
    --- Ivan (2015 Civic EX)
    Enjoy the show!

Quote Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
    It's hard to get a picture that shows just how great these look. I picked up the brightest set and they look fantastic. I was afraid that they'd be a bit much/ostentatious, but they are perfect. I couldn't be happier!
    That looks awesome Ivan!

It's the OEM+ look

Thanks for posting

Nick C.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)