Diode Dynamics Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Diode Dynamics Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Supporting Vendor Diode Dynamics's Avatar

Post Diode Dynamics Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Honda Civic enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your Civic. We hope you enjoy learning all about automotive lighting!

Learn About HID Lighting

Learn About LED Lighting

Learn About Angel Eyes

Learn About Accessories

Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
    Nick C.
    Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 03-08-2018 at 11:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    So a flasher does the same thing as a resistor, but the resistor is (somewhat) easier to install because all one has to do is tap two wires? And I would only need a total of one flasher (that would regulate all four blinkers) as opposed to one resistor per bulb? Any idea on what flasher the 2012 Civics use?

Baned
    Nevermind. I just read this page: LED - Research and that answers my first two questions. But another two-part question while on the topic: how hot do the resistors get and how long does it take to fully heat up? For a dual-filament switchback bulb the resistor is only active when the turn signal is activated, right?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DWils View Post
    Nevermind. I just read this page: LED - Research and that answers my first two questions. But another two-part question while on the topic: how hot do the resistors get and how long does it take to fully heat up? For a dual-filament switchback bulb the resistor is only active when the turn signal is activated, right?
    The resistors will get hot when the turn signals are activated. They will get about as hot as a factory bulb, but nothing to be overly concerned about.

We use two 6 ohm 50 watt resistors to spread the heat out, rather than using 1 larger resistor which centralizes the heat to one location and increases the risk.

I always suggest replacing the flasher module with an LED equivalent where applicable. It's much easier to install

If you have any questions about lighting, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

Meet our newest LED bulb replacement, the HP48:

Available in 1156/7 - 3156/7 - 7440/3 sizes

Diode Dynamics at SEMA 2015

Big Pimping!!!
    I had some bulbs from you guys on my Vulcan motorcycle. Great bulbs, I'll give you that.
    Diode Dynamics likes this.

How to Install Universal RGBW™ Demon Eyes
    RujoKinJal likes this.

NEW! HD Halos and Strips!

Diode Dynamics is excited to announce our new HD LED Halos and Semi-Flex Strips are now available! Offered in switchback and single colors (red, amber, blue and white), they are perfect for custom applications! The Strips are available in 3, 6, 9 and 12 inches and the Halos are offered in universal sizes from 50-160 millimeters.

Both products were designed from the ground up and manufactured in our facility here in St. Louis, Missouri. They are backed by our hassle-free 3-year limited warranty.

Click here to shop
    MeeSh likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)