Moved to another city/state and Discount Tire locations are very far now.
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Moved to another city/state and Discount Tire locations are very far now.

Nooblets

Moved to another city/state and Discount Tire locations are very far now.

Hi there, Thank you very much for being apart of this community. I recently moved from North Carolina to Fargo, North Dakota and noticed that the closest Discount Tire location is almost a state away. I was very surprised as I've used DT's services for almost a decade now. Does Discount Tire work with other companies for installation? Why I ask is I have a credit line with Discount tire.

And my next question is Ive been looking around online on the Discount Tire Direct store and there are many options for my 2012 Civic SI Sedan, but I ended up finding a wheel that I quite enjoyed on the CarID website and was wondering if it was a wheel Id be able to get through you guys? The wheel is the "Aodhan Wheels DS01 Black Vacuum". Im not exactly sure if it would fit my vehicle but when I was on that site it said it would, soooo not my expertise XD.

Thank you for your time and service!

-Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Welcome to 9th gen.

To find an installer near you:

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/s...SABEgKPsvD_BwE

If the CarID website said a wheel-in-question would fit your car but you're still not sure, why not call them?

1 (800) 505-3274

'Go right to the source and ask the horse.'

Search engine (not Google, tho - they sell you like a cheap wh0re) is your friend.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Nooblets
    Thank you very much for the information.

Also another reason why I was wondering if Discount Tire would be able to get said Wheel is that I have a credit line with them already.

But still thank you, ill give CarID a call!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor Discount Tire's Avatar
    Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the site, 6ick_SI!

First and foremost, thank you for your continued support of Discount Tire! We know there are a lot of options in the tire and wheel space, so thank you for the business!

Second, we're not out your way just yet (as you've found) but we are opening stores in new locations on a regular basis so it may not be too long until we have a brick and mortar presence in your area!

In the interim, you can use Discount Tire Direct (DTD). DTD is the online/mail order division of Discount Tire and they also except Discount Tire credit. They also have a recommended installer list as scottyrocks graciously pointed out in which you can leverage for installation if need be. Keep in mind that we are not affilitated with the recommended installers and you are free to use whom ever you'd like for installation without pentalty.

Lastly, DTD can order many wheel brands not listed on the site - shoot us a PM with what size you're after and we'll gladly see if the wheel you want can be special ordered and confirm fitment. I'll add that DTD also mounts and balances all tire and wheel packages for no additional charge, so if you need tires too that's a great way to save!

Thanks again for reaching out and for giving us the opportunity to help!
    Last edited by Discount Tire; 03-04-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    6ick_SI likes this.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: Hidden Content
    To Your Door: Hidden Content

Nooblets
    This is fantastic information both Discount Tire and ScottyRocks!!! I will def. Get back to you Discount T. in the PM more than likely Next week as its going to start warming up and Ill be ordering many great things for the SI to install. The Mount and Balance from DTD also is something I would def. take advantage of which would make installation a breeze, so thank you for pointing that out as well. I cant wait to work with you all again as I've had a little over a decade of amazing service from you guys!!

- Joe
    scottyrocks likes this.

We look forward to hearing from you, Joe and thanks again for your continued support - we greatly appreciate it!

Nooblets
    Thank you so very much for everyone's help! After a good little while of debating on what look I was going for I ended up picking:

Set of XXR 530's which are 17"-7 which is stock fitment. I feel the SI already sits nicely with this size wheel. I may in the distant future go with something an inch bigger for show days.

Set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 Tires which are 215/45R-17. They look and also for the 10 miles Ive driven on them, grip nicely! The comfort level is softer than the more firm feeling of the Michelin tires I had on it before.

Over all I'm more than pleased with the interactions with the Discount Tire crew as I always have a Great Experience and I am happy with my choices for fitment on the SI. I look forward to a very fun Summer.

Enjoy the Pics!

Moved to another city/state and Discount Tire locations are very far now.-img_20190401_172102763_hdr.png Moved to another city/state and Discount Tire locations are very far now.-img_20190401_172111107.jpg Moved to another city/state and Discount Tire locations are very far now.-img_20190401_152104105.jpg Moved to another city/state and Discount Tire locations are very far now.-img_20190401_152110068.jpg
    Discount Tire likes this.

Looking good. Not a huge fan of XXR, but that style and color look great on the car. Amazing what a difference new shoes makes.
    6ick_SI likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Wow - the transformation is awesome!!! Thank you for sharing, Joe and for giving us the opportunity to help!
    6ick_SI likes this.

Those gold rims look sweet. Congrats.
    6ick_SI likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)