PO420 code - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PO420 code

175k is a pretty good run for a cat in my opinion. The cheat code for cat problems is a O2 defouler.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmonr View Post
    Now at 175k the code came back
    Too bad you got such bad advice earlier. A cat code is a bad cat %99 of the time. It can easily be diagnosed via a scan tool.

In my experience(22 year ASE Master Technicinan w/ L1) 100k is the norm for the cats on most Asian vehicles built with in the last 15-20 years. Yeah there are many that will last longer,but on average 100k seems to be the turning point.

Install a Honda or CARB approved cat and be done with it.(If the cat isnt Honda factory or CARB approved,the light will come back on with-in 3 months to a year. Sometimes sooner)
    Last edited by DCFIVER; 09-17-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    Teeps likes this.

Ok i feel yah i guess i will have to go buy a cat from dealership. Thank you for your expertise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)