Sputtering Misfiring At Very Light Throttle Need Help
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sputtering Misfiring At Very Light Throttle Need Help

Nooblets

Sputtering Misfiring At Very Light Throttle Need Help

Whats going on guys, I very recently started experiencing some pops and sputters in my idle and while driving at very low throttle (MAP psi @ -17 or lower). Also, if i bring the rpms to about 2k from idle, it just non stop sputters and pops. No changes in my setup just kinda started happening out of nowhere. No CELs but i have misfire detection off due to flywheel so idk if i would be getting one. But anyways, car seems to run completely fine at higher throttle and under more load, havent pushed it much though since this started. Car is heavily modified , will list below.

2013 Si
    -Tuned by VitViper
    -Ct Supercharger w/ 1000cc injectors
    -Full bolt on i/h/e catless
    -Clutch Flywheel (Misfire detection disabled)

My first guesses were ignition coils, or possibly injector related but im not knowledgeable enough to really know what the deal is, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

On side note, i recently have been messing around with my secondary o2 sensor to try and pass emissions, and left the sensor unplugged. the sputtering (coincidentally i believe) started right after. the sensor is disabled in the tune so i dont think this would have any part in this but figured id mention it.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    I'm no expert, but if the problem began right after you did something, undo it, and see what happens.
    Teeps likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

scotty should this thread be moved to the forced induction section?
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    I'm no expert, but if the problem began right after you did something, undo it, and see what happens.
    Scotty thanks for the response, I have seen you on these forums since i joined way back (2014 even thou it says 2017) glad to see a familiar name. But yeah im thinking you have a good point. I am getting a new sensor today will install and see if that fixes it. For some reason the original sensor wouldnt clip back in even thou it didnt look messed up. Hopefully its just this sensor will update when i install
    scottyrocks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    scotty should this thread be moved to the forced induction section?
    I don't think this is a supercharger issue, per se, but rather an electronics issue. I could move it, but possibly into the ECU section.
    Last edited by scottyrocks; 04-11-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    'Three pedals or bust!'

My thought is the car is not stock. And, the supercharger changes everything on the intake side...

I just think the OP will get better insight to the car's problem in the Forced Induction section.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    My thought is the car is not stock. And, the supercharger changes everything on the intake side...

I just think the OP will get better insight to the car's problem in the Forced Induction section.
    Okay, let's see what happens. Then it will be moved as per the cause of the problem.
    'Three pedals or bust!'

How long have you had the Injectors on this car for? It's possible they are a bit dirty/clogged. Considering they're 1000cc injectors, they can become very sensitive at low pulse widths such as the idle and light cruise situations you were describing.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by procivic View Post
    How long have you had the Injectors on this car for? It's possible they are a bit dirty/clogged. Considering they're 1000cc injectors, they can become very sensitive at low pulse widths such as the idle and light cruise situations you were describing.
    The injectors are from 2015/2016, should i throw some injector cleaner into my fuel tank to clean?

On a side note, i just swapped the secondary o2 sensor for a new one, problem is still happening. I will be swapping the primary tomorrow, i was cleaning my defouler with wd40 so incase some how it got hit with some and got messed up im going to swap.

Trying to clean them yourself with a cleaning solution might work, but nothing would compare to sending the injectors out to get flow tested and professionally cleaned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)