2012 Civic LX Engine turns over, but has no compression
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Civic LX Engine turns over, but has no compression

Greenhorn

2012 Civic LX Engine turns over, but has no compression

Hello, have a question. I have a 2012 Civic LX. I had started it and then it just stopped. When I tried to re-start it, the engine would turn over, but it acted like it had no compression. I have learned that this has a timing chain and not a belt. Can anyone steer me in a direction to look as to what the problem is. It has about 112,000 miles and was running fine. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

When you say no compression, you mean the starter spun the engine faster/easier? Timing chains are better than belts, but they can fail. Maybe start with a compression test? I'm not a expert, there's others on this site that would know your engine better.

Greenhorn
    Thanks, I need to do that.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)