1st Gear Clutch Noise - Page 59
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 1st Gear Clutch Noise

The noise in that video is not a pulley. It is weak, fatigued, and now loose springs in the clutch that make that buzzing sound when first getting underway as the clutch engages.
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP

Freedom and Liberty For ALL! (some restrictions apply, must be over 18, not available in some states)

K24Z7 Crew Member #30
    High Milers Club Founding Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    9Gen, has the noise come back with this newer clutch you had replaced? I only notice the noise on start up, or if I happen to let the rpms go to 1500 when taking off. So far the noise seems to show up regardless if its hot or cold out now.
    2012 PMM Si

Greenhorn
    my whole clutch was replaced 3 months ago and I have NOT heard the noise since

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Platinum Member
    Had this noise about a year ago about a dozen times or so. Hadn't noticed it in a while but the other day I heard it once at a stop light before my car was fully warmed up. Didn't happen again on my drive. Seems like on my car colder weather activates it.

Big Timer!!!
    hd14, Did you have a factory clutch installed?
    2012 PMM Si

Greenhorn
    yes I did

Nooblets
    I'm about to contact my local dealer about this issue, does anyone know if there is a TSB on this? I would imagine so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Greenhorn
    Yes there is a TSB

[QUOTE=Ryan8495;3293898]I'm about to contact my local dealer about this issue, does anyone know if there is a TSB on this? I would imagine so

Sent from my SAMSUNG

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallicsi View Post
    9Gen, has the noise come back with this newer clutch you had replaced? I only notice the noise on start up, or if I happen to let the rpms go to 1500 when taking off. So far the noise seems to show up regardless if its hot or cold out now.
    yup, mine came back unfortunately. i emailed honda canada and they said they don't have any information on it and that if i want it repaired i'll need to pay out of pocket.

no thanks.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by countonalex View Post
    yup, mine came back unfortunately. i emailed honda canada and they said they don't have any information on it and that if i want it repaired i'll need to pay out of pocket.

no thanks.
    They told me the same thing.

I kindly brought up that I'll now be buying the Focus RS as opposed to the Civic Type R.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)