1st Gear Clutch Noise - Page 67
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 1st Gear Clutch Noise

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxxed View Post
    God dammit. My car just started doing this too - right at 60,100~ miles. Perfect timing.

Any idea what this is? I've read about 20 pages of this thread and there are so many conflicting answers I'm not sure what to believe or where to start.

Is is the tensioner pulley? Is it something to do with the clutch springs as some have mentioned? Hot spots? I'm not super familiar with diagnosing car issues and don't know enough to get into it myself so any help would be very much appreciated.

Only seems to happen sometimes in 1st (and occasionally, but more rarely in 2nd) as the clutch engages (as in, as I left my foot off the clutch).
    I'm still just as confused with all of these responses... Is it clutch springs? Tensioner pulley? A bad clutch?

I'm past the warranty on mine now, so I don't know what to do - if it's worth bringing in and getting it looked at, and potentially fixed, or just dealing with it for now. (I don't want to ignore it and potentially ruin something in doing so, though)

How have any of you without a warranty approached this issue? What did you do/what was the solution?
    2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Crystal Black Pearl.
    VitTune in progress!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!! puffaroach's Avatar
    So I took my car to the stealership and they gave me the regular robot response “We have never heard of this issue or this service bulletin. If we don’t find a issue then we have to charge you $150 for diagnosis time. You are past the 3 year warranty but because you purchased the extended it might be covered. We just have to wait for the warranty guy to review it”. I sure hope it’s covered as I don’t need a $1500 bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenhorn
    Also Have this issue on my 14 civic SI headed to the dealer soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Hey guys, I'm experience the same 1st gear clutch noise everyone is talking about in this thread. 2013 67k, pretty much out of warranty. I don't mind paying out of pocket, for repairs but I want to know if this issue will return if I replace it with the OEM parts.

Were the parts at fault revised to fix these problems? Or should I just look at aftermarket?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerF20c View Post
    Hey guys, I'm experience the same 1st gear clutch noise everyone is talking about in this thread. 2013 67k, pretty much out of warranty. I don't mind paying out of pocket, for repairs
    but I want to know if this issue will return if I replace it with the OEM parts.

Were the parts at fault revised to fix these problems?

Or should I just look at aftermarket?
    Probably.

Last I heard before my internal source retired 2 years ago; NO.

Sorry, no experience with after market clutch parts.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Quote Originally Posted by FormerF20c View Post
    Hey guys, I'm experience the same 1st gear clutch noise everyone is talking about in this thread. 2013 67k, pretty much out of warranty. I don't mind paying out of pocket, for repairs but I want to know if this issue will return if I replace it with the OEM parts.

Were the parts at fault revised to fix these problems? Or should I just look at aftermarket?
    I remember reading heavily on this topic and users that got it replaced by the stealership ended up with the same issue. Supposedly the stealership says it does not afffect performance and will keep coming back no matter how many times you replace it with the stock clutch. You’ll have to go aftermarket.
    TW Si Sedan! Hidden Content
    4 doors 4 more whores
    Hidden Content
    K24Z7 Crew member #623

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Stigmacher Hidden Content
    You must have a 2013 then?
    It's always 100 lbs heavier

I was under the impression that the parts are revised versions of the original. These are the part numbers for everything that was installed on my car:

94109-14000 90400 WASHER, DRAIN (14MM)
    94109-20000 90400 WASHER, DRAIN (20MM)
    22300-RX0-005 22300 DISK, PRESSURE
    22103-PNA-003 91430 BUSH (21X24X8)
    22200-RX0-005 22200 DISK, FRICTION
    22100-RX0-005 22100 FLYWHEEL
    22810-RPN-003 22863 BEARING
    90305-SD4-003 90200 NUT, SPINDLE (24MM)
    08798-9031 08201 FLUID, MT
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan Taffeta White

Quote Originally Posted by MugenSi View Post
    I remember reading heavily on this topic and users that got it replaced by the stealership ended up with the same issue. Supposedly the stealership says it does not afffect performance and will keep coming back no matter how many times you replace it with the stock clutch. You’ll have to go aftermarket.
    I had mine replaced twice by the dealership. Noise eventually came back. It's gotten to the point where I can recreate the noise on demand.
    2013 PMM Si Sedan

If it makes you all feel better...my 2015 Si Coupe has started to make the same noise at around 16k. I have 16600 miles on the odometer at the moment. The car will be 3 years old on 6/30.

I have a hard time believing it could be the clutch...I barely drive the car and I definitely do not abuse it.
    Last edited by General_Lee_Si; 05-04-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    2015 Alabaster Silver Metallic Civic Si Coupe w/Navi "Hella Stock and Hella CDM, Yo!!!"
    2014 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan (traded in for ^ )
    Current Mods: Driver Hidden Content Hidden Content

9th Civic POP Crew member #73
    9th Civic LI Crew member #73

I have a 14 Si Sedan with only 43,000 miles and had the noise since about 35k or so. Decided to have a local shop install the clutch and found the clutch springs to be the problem. One was very loose making the noise. New clutch kit and throwout bearing in the car and no more noise hopefully it never comes back.
    14' FB6 TW
    90' ST185 3E5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)