1st Gear Clutch Noise - Page 68
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 1st Gear Clutch Noise

Super Mod's Pet
    I have been intermittently having this same noise for a little while now. I'm wanting it to become a bit more consistent so I can take the car to the dealer and try to work out a warranty claim either with them or with the aftermarket warranty I got from them. I'm unfortunately not hopeful that either will budge. I may try the pulley simply because it's easy to do but I really don't think that's the issue.

For reference I have a 2013 Si Sedan with 30,200 miles on it at the time of this post. Purchased new from the dealer and only serviced there other than tires. Being that I'm past the 3 year mark of the warranty I'm going to harp very hard on the mileage factor and see what I can work out.

Grrr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I have a 2013 Si 31000 miles and noise started maybe 2 years ago. Noise occurs only occasionally haven't noticed any issues with performance.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

Nooblets
    I had this issue for my 2015 Civic SI Coupe. Days before my a/c compressor seized, the noise occurred every time I accelerated from a complete stop. After getting my a/c compressor replaced, the issue has gone away.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I get the 1st gear grind even on flat surface starts not just inclines.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

One Bad Mama Jama!!! puffaroach's Avatar
    2014 civic si with 28’xxx km.
    I have it since new and it’s almost 4 years old. I paid $2000 for extended warranty (waste of money). Took it in for the same issue EVERYONE else is having. Snooty service adviser advises me that I need a clutch. I show the video from here and said a lot of people are having this issue what are the chances of warranty? She replies your over your 3 years warranty which I retort I have extended warranty. I’ll look into it she says. I call back 2 weeks later and I get no warranty!!!! Luckily I have worked with the service manager. I tell him the whole story and said he will try. He gets back to me and says I ave to pay for them to look at my clutch ($650). If it shows signs of blue then no warranty if it doesn’t then fully covered. I don’t want the same issue in 3 or 4 more years so I bought a ACT AR2-HDSS Second stage clutch kit. It goes in Thursday and I will report the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenhorn

Si 1st Gear Clutch Squeak

Can anyone point me to a Honda validated solution? I have a '12 with 50k and confident the same problem after reading the comments that suggest the idler pulley is the culprit, and seems cheap, but if I have to take it in anyway would like to know if anything else needs to be done. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnslngr View Post
    Can anyone point me to a Honda validated solution? I have a '12 with 50k and confident the same problem after reading the comments that suggest the idler pulley is the culprit, and seems cheap, but if I have to take it in anyway would like to know if anything else needs to be done. Thanks.
    I think this is a clutch spring issue. I have got a second stage clutch and the noise is gone.

Greenhorn
    Any updates on this from people who have had this problem solved? My 14 SI is at 67k and has had the noise since around 45k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Noone_Likes_The_Tuna_Here View Post
    Any updates on this from people who have had this problem solved? My 14 SI is at 67k and has had the noise since around 45k miles.
    Honda Canada isn’t admitting fault but they found the noise to be the clutch springs prematurely wearing out causing that noise. I got it covered under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Noone_Likes_The_Tuna_Here View Post
    Any updates on this from people who have had this problem solved?

My 14 SI is at 67k and has had the noise since around 45k miles.
    My Civic contact left Honda a couple years ago.
    At that time he said there were no countermeasures in place and none on the horizon.
    So far as I know, any new parts from the Honda parts bin will be the same specification as when the car was built.
    The noise IS just a noise and presents no detriment to the service life of the clutch, as I have been told.

It's all moot now anyway as, the 9th gen Civic (drive train) is 3 years in the rear view mirror now.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)