Hello everyone! Welcome to my 2nd tuning review. As some of you are aware, I'm currently turbocharging the Civic. So I figured I'd do another in depth and detailed tune review on Steve from E-Tunez just in case anyone is wondering what to expect.
Tune Package Information:
2012-2015 Civic/2012-2017 ILX K24-Ultimate tune
This K24 tune includes a complete Wide Open Throttle (WOT) analysis and tune as well as a complete part throttle and knock analysis package. The WOT portion is similar to what is done at a dyno shop except with more revisions while the part throttle tuning is focused on zeroing Short Term Fuel Trims (STFT) which will not only improve WOT transitions but also inturn improve throttle response, performance, low end torque and fuel mileage. A minimum of 7 revisions are included.
Detailed list of items:
- Includes Part throttle analysis
- All Volumetric Efficiency tables analyzed and revised for all degrees and levels of vacuum
- Short Term Fuel Trims analysis and smoothing
- Knock table analysis and revision
- Ignition analysis and revision
- Lambda Overlay’s and Cam angle High/Low fueling
- Cam Angles High and Low
- Ignition Tables for all degrees
- VE Tables analysis (WOT - MAP/SD) or MAF Cal Analysis (AFM)
- Throttle Table analysis or revision for larger TB’s
- VTEC Point is checked and revised based on Flow/Performance
- VTEC Window + Pressure analysis and revision
- WOT fueling and knock check.
- Limiter Tables checked for errors and safety margins
- Cold Start fueling and IAT graphing checked/revised if necessary.
- Overview of potential errors or engine codes if present
- Choice of Race (small margins) or Performance Map (enhanced margins)
- Includes Re-tuning for 30 days
Forced induction Tuning Add-On
For aftermarket add-on turbos and superchargers (non-oem turbos) this is the add-on for you. In addition to the tuning current purchase this add-on option is for forced induction users to includes tuning and analysis of all Forced Induction tables. These are all fields greater then 0 psi and all related tables Boost, Duty cycle, Boost Controller and Wastegate Duty Cycle typically used in Forced Induction applications.
- Tuning of Positive Pressure VE Tables
- Boost Controller and Duty Cycle adjustment
- Revision of knock tables for increased cylinder pressure
- Tuning of all other related positive pressure tables (Ignition/Cam etc).
*Not neccessary for OEM Turbo users running a factory turbo.
- Unlimited re-tuning within 180 days of purchase
- Remote phone and live computer support (Great for troubleshooting or dyno days!)
- If needed we can assist you live on your PC to help solve any unforseen issue etc.
(If your looking to get the car fully DYNO tuned by us at your local shop there is a seperate package for that).
**All information was pulled directly from E-Tunez website**