Ktuner V2 vs Hondata Flash pro
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ktuner V2 vs Hondata Flash pro

Greenhorn

Ktuner V2 vs Hondata Flash pro

Hey everyone, I been thinking about buying either the Ktuner V2 or hondata flashpro but I am a little conflicted on which I should get. On one hand I like that hondata is tried and tested and has been around for the longest time, but i also want to be able to monitor everything that is going on with my car with the Ktuner V2's built in screen. Let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jose_caahhh View Post
    Hey everyone, I been thinking about buying either the Ktuner V2 or hondata flashpro but I am a little conflicted on which I should get. On one hand I like that hondata is tried and tested and has been around for the longest time, but i also want to be able to monitor everything that is going on with my car with the Ktuner V2's built in screen. Let me know what you think.
    If your online tunning, either is fine if you've picked a tuner who does both.

I bought a ktuner v2 touch for your same reasons. I put on a full race turbo kit, my tuner wanted hondata. K tuner doesnt offer live viewing of data, only data logging. So, while running a turbo they can only tell me why the car "blew up" with k tuner vs being able to see and stop it with hondata. This site for some reason won't let me sell, so mine will be on eBay soon. Either way, both do the same thing past viewing data. If your online tunning, and bolt on, either is fine provided youve picked your tuner for either one. If your boosted and Dyno tuning, hondata is the better bet.

Greenhorn
    oh okay. Yeah i am thinking of super charging my car and dyno tuning it so I will probably go with hondata then. Thanks for the response!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    Ask your tuner which one they prefer and go with that one.

Greenhorn
    I run a Ktuner V1.2 with Tunerview to monitor everything on my android tablet (a great saving if you already own an android phone-tablet).
    I am tuned by E-tunez. He can tune with Hondata or Ktuner. I choose Ktuner because of the lower price and the fact that it is not locked to one platform ( i'll likely buy a 10th gen Si in the next few years).
    Again, if you have a prefered tuner, you might ask him which product he prefers.
    Enjoy!

I love my K tuner V1.2 it’s easy to use you can definitely tell a huge. Difference the car drives so much better. With the base map intake & exhaust the throttle response is sharper. I did some adjusting to My vtec it’s just a nice system for much less price. Go Ktuner!

Greenhorn
    Edmonton Alberta, Moose Jaw Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseriesws View Post
    I love my K tuner V1.2 it’s easy to use you can definitely tell a huge. Difference the car drives so much better. With the base map intake & exhaust the throttle response is sharper. I did some adjusting to My vtec it’s just a nice system for much less price. Go Ktuner!
    Has anyone had their vehicle on the track or street upwards of 186kmh? I had my car (on a track) up to 186kmh and the thing didn’t let me get any faster. (Previously I had it up to 218kmh stock)

Now to be fair I had two wheel bearings that were out and in need of being replaced and I haven’t tried it since since my engine blew shortly there after.

None of this was from my KTuner, it’s my car having safety issues/features; But what I’d like to know is, what is the fastest people of had the car up to, after their Initial reflash, with the supplied KTuner Tune.

I’m sorry to drag up an old thread.

Thanks in advance

Baned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Cowboy View Post
    Has anyone had their vehicle on the track or street upwards of 186kmh? I had my car (on a track) up to 186kmh and the thing didn’t let me get any faster. (Previously I had it up to 218kmh stock)
    186kmh = 115mph and 218kmh = 135mph for those who don't use metric. I had a 2002 Civic EX up to 127mph/204kmh, so I don't see why the faster speeds for a newer vehicle wouldn't be possible. I never took my 2012 Si much above 85mph/137kmh though, so I can't be of much help.

2012 Si, flashpro and many other mods, hit 150MPH on a track. Math tells me it can do 165-170 by the gearing, and I believe it can get there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now