AEM FIC (Fuel ignition controller)
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AEM FIC (Fuel ignition controller)

AEM FIC (Fuel ignition controller)

Any thoughts on this?
    http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...949/index.html

Just curious if its something that could work for engine tuning...

2012 R18 Coupe. 5 speed. Butt Dyno tested Daily.
    Fuel Economy I-VTEC!?! Rev it up anway!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Going turbo, you can think about it but for ''All motor'' engines it won't do squat except trimming the fuel map!! I tried it on the Fit! Now don't get me wrong. It's a powerful unit that has a lot of capabilities (switch 12v acc, O² sensor fool, fuel adjustement, timing retard (for boosted engines...) MAP\MAF clamp, etc) but for a N\A engine it's just not the right choice and like i allready said, the flashpro will be the right choice as it will give access to almost everything that is ECU related!

Marko!!
    Last edited by DOHCtor; 08-19-2012 at 10:24 PM.

This is what you want for an ''all Motor'' application!

Unichip Automotive Performance

The Type-Q+ would be fine!

Marko!
    Last edited by DOHCtor; 08-20-2012 at 10:54 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I'm just curious, why the unichip q type is better for n\a apps. And also when you mentioned the flashpro, were you talking about unichip or were you talking about hondata? Because I'm pretty sure hondata hasn't released flashpro for our gen (not even the si yet)?? Also the chip you put up the link for, I'm pretty sure it says so on the link, but it can also be used for forced induction applications, right?

Because the Unichip Type Q+ allows for Ignition timing advance as well as retard whereas the AEM FIC will only retard it! A dude on the Fit forums tuned a Fit at 160+Hp All motor with that!

Marko!!

Ok. So what you called flashpro was the unichip q-type you were talking about??? I wanted to ask why the unichip website doesn't list honda/acura. It is still compatible.
    What about the tuning? Would I have to take it somewhere to have it tuned or is it something I could try to do myself?

The Unichip Type-Q+ is a box like the AEM FIC that you have to hardwire on your factory wire harness but more suited for ''All-Motor'' applications then the FIC! The flashpro is a device that you connect on your OBD2 port that allows manipulation of the Data that is in your own ECM and it's from Hondata! Two differents things!

Marko!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)