K20 head swap?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: K20 head swap?

K20 head swap?

So with what I’ve been reading on the forum and what info I can find around. It seems that we can swap a k20 head onto the k24z7 blocks but with some modification of course. Looking at the cost of getting everything together from the head to the internals, It almost seems more beneficial to turbo it at that point. But seeing a few videos on YouTube of people who were successful doing the build makes me second guess my choice on it. So I’m trying to figure out is it really worth swapping the head out and running a head swapped N/A car for a while and see if there’s a way to turbo it in the future or just out right turbo the car? I

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I vote for turbo with no head swap. Your stock head works very well for spooling a turbo, the distance from combustion to turbo is much shorter than a 8th gen head/manifold. After turbo is installed, your limiting factor will not be your stock head.
    I would only do a headswap if I was wanting to stay all motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 9thgensifamily View Post
    I vote for turbo with no head swap. Your stock head works very well for spooling a turbo, the distance from combustion to turbo is much shorter than a 8th gen head/manifold. After turbo is installed, your limiting factor will not be your stock head.
    I would only do a headswap if I was wanting to stay all motor.
    Thanks for the input I think ima just out right turbo it after a few bolt ons are installed and wait a while before pulling the trigger on a kit. I can’t seem to find a solid answer to this but would getting some internals now as I do boltons be beneficial not only for them but when i do end up turboing the car?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

That depends. If you lower your compression ratio like most do, then it will reduce your power while your n/a.
    If your going to daily it, I would do it in a couple stages. First build transmission. Then turbo for 10 PSI or so, then build block for more boost.
    You can build transmission after turbo, but I would keep your boost low.
    I did not build my transmission yet, but I don't daily mine and very rarely hit boost in 4th. I'm still gambling though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)