Inspection problems with K tuned Downpipe
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Inspection problems with K tuned Downpipe

Greenhorn

Inspection problems with K tuned Downpipe

Hey guys,

I have a 12' civic si, with a k tuned downpipe with high flow cats. I failed the inspections in NJ, and was wondering whether the problem was due to the downpipe or if it was because of flashing the ecu with hondata. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Inspection problems with K tuned Downpipe-img_5762-1-.jpgInspection problems with K tuned Downpipe-img_5761-1-.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

is it because your secondary o2 sensor is disabled? you may have to enable it, drive carefully and slowly to the inspection place, so the CEL doesn't come on. that's just my guess
    2014 DBP Si Sedan
    "Drop a gear & disappear"

Greenhorn
    I know this is an old thread, but check your area laws on how many "not ready" are allowed for it to pass. Here in NOVA, we are allowed 1 "not ready."

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I just went to get my car inspected In NJ and failed with my catted k tuned downpipe. My tuner looked at the data and everything is enabled but when fp hooked up to car with laptop, it says my cat and o2 sensor is not ready. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier1288 View Post
    I just went to get my car inspected In NJ and failed with my catted k tuned downpipe. My tuner looked at the data and everything is enabled but when fp hooked up to car with laptop, it says my cat and o2 sensor is not ready. What do I do?
    Have you reset the battery or cleared codes recently? Sensors showing not ready usually means you need to drive it for a bit.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Greenhorn
    Nope, my tuner asked the same thing, so I should drive it and push on it before heading to the dmv? He told me to push on it so the car can recognize that there is a cat., told me to try to drive 100 miles then go

Some have had trouble getting it to set regardless of mileage. If they don't set you will need to remove the dp and/or flash back to stock calibration.

Similar topic here, this person was catless though
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

Another one here
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpetro1; 06-20-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Greenhorn
    What do you mean set?

Use your flashpro to view your obd readiness monitors. If any are not set or complete it means the ecu is still waiting for feedback to confirm the emissions equipment is functioning properly. Until then you cannot pass an emissions test.

Click obd diagnostics, then readiness tab.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpetro1; 06-20-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Greenhorn
    So my obd2 diagnostics is saying it’s not complete, and under supported it says yes under o2 sensor, evaporative system and catalyst monitoring. All three are under incomplete. How do I change that thru flash pro?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)