Downpipe with stock exhaust
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Downpipe with stock exhaust

Greenhorn

Downpipe with stock exhaust

I recently bought a 14' si coupe and was wandering how much power would be lost if I just did dp,cai,and tune? Basically I'm thinking of the rv6 or full race dp, acuity cai. Or should I just go with a cat back as well? My main concern is noise, just really excessive, and clearance. (I did use to have 3" on my 99si as well. )since i plan on lowering eventually as well. Any feedback would be awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Get the invidia q300 it's damn near as quiet as stock. I'm lowered about 2.5 inches and I do drag it across things from time to time. If you know how to drive lowered cars its not an issue. I've done just a header to stock exhaust before on previous cars and the bottle neck is noticeable.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

I've got the RV6 catted DP with stock exhaust. Also supercharged. My car is pretty close to stock-sounding, except for the whine of the supercharger of course.
    DOHC-TUR likes this.
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    CTE supercharger w/3.6", stock belt
    DW 750CC injectors w/PNP clips.
    Vit Tuned with Flashpro
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Continental Extreme Contact Sport Summer tires 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers

14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Ultra Racing 3 point Trunk Brace
    FKX Racing Rear Strut bar

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I have an RV6 with stock exhaust, no cats. It sounds freaking amazing.

Greenhorn
    Right on thanks for the feedback everyone. So my next question would be is if I stay stock,would it require a retune if I decided I wanted a different exhaust at a later time? I'm leaning towards keeping stock for the time being.
    DOHC-TUR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iainisv5 View Post
    I recently bought a 14' si coupe and was wandering how much power would be lost if I just did dp,cai,and tune? Basically I'm thinking of the rv6 or full race dp, acuity cai. Or should I just go with a cat back as well? My main concern is noise, just really excessive, and clearance. (I did use to have 3" on my 99si as well. )since i plan on lowering eventually as well. Any feedback would be awesome!
    I asked this question to VitViper himself, he told me the DP adds about 90% power gains (when talking about DP, Intake and Catback). The intake adds about 5% and the catback adds another 5%. So if anything skip the exhaust. I ran RV6 catless DP and intake with stock exhaust, it was fine... but the NON deep tone with rasp was ugly imo. So I threw in the catback to get a nicer deep tone (Q300).

Hope that helps.
    Iainisv5 likes this.
    2015 Civic Si [email protected]//[email protected]
    IG: its_danscott

Quote Originally Posted by Iainisv5 View Post
    Right on thanks for the feedback everyone. So my next question would be is if I stay stock,would it require a retune if I decided I wanted a different exhaust at a later time? I'm leaning towards keeping stock for the time being.
    I would lean towards no, like Vit told me, the catback really doesn't do much besides change the tone of the car. If you're running N/A it really isn't a noticeable difference from stock exhaust because the stock exhaust is 2.25 in diameter compared to 2.75... It's got a "sporty" exhaust from factory.
    2015 Civic Si [email protected]//[email protected]
    IG: its_danscott

Greenhorn
    Thanks for the awesome info!

Big Timer!!!
    I have the RV6 catted DP on stock exhaust and stock intake with resonator delete. It is definitely louder than stock but the volume is still in the pleasant range when partial throttle. WOT is actually a bit too loud for me if there are walls on both sides of the street and I have the windows down. If I have the windows up, then the volume is even closer to stock.
    On a volume scale of 1-10, a civic lx is 1, civic si is 2 being twice as loud, then Si with RV6 catted DP and intake resonator delete is about 3-4. I don't think I would want any louder because I like "quiet" cars.
    2015 Civic Si Sedan / MSM
    POP Crew Member #53

Nooblets
    With a catless in stock tune and catback, can you still shoot flames?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 FB6 DBP Si

Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)