Invidia Q300/N1 Civic Si Exhaust Thread - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Invidia Q300/N1 Civic Si Exhaust Thread

Invidia n1 rattling noise

Hello,
    I installed my invidia n1 exhaust system on Friday and this morning I noticed that when my car is idling or at low rpm that my exhaust makes a rattling noise. It almost sounds like it's hitting something. Could it possibly be that the stock hangers are too short and the muffler is hitting my bumper? Or could it be the heat shield?
    Thanks,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Could be loose nuts

Check my post out about Coilover installations:
    Hidden Content

If your'e interested in retrofitting your headlights, take a look at :
    Hidden Content

My own headlight retrofit build filled with pictures ~!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Had this problem too. Take the muffler off and cut the brace that connects the 2 hanger rods together. That brace is hitting your factory hangar. Rattle gone.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

^thanks!

Invidia Q300/N1 Civic Si

I haven't seen any threads that are officially about either of the Invidia exhausts yet, other than a couple by procivic and import dps stating that they were available to purchase. So I'm gonna start this one as an official thread for anyone who wants to share info or pics or anything else concerning them.

I purchased the Q300 from wesellcarparts.com for a great deal: $509 with shipping included. It was a pretty easy install, my cousin in law and myself got it done in about 45 minutes. Very simple.

Overall I am impressed with it, it is noticeably louder, at any given point in the rpm range. I picked It because I didn't want something too loud...I'm not gonna be THAT guy who wakes my entire neighborhood when I leave for work in the morning. It also is bearable at highway speeds as well. It definitely growls when you get on it, anyone around can hear me, I'm sure of that. It also looks great too, excellent build quality, and fitment is great. I have had it on for about 4 days now and i havent had any rattles or leaks at all. As far as power gains, I haven't dynoed yet, as I'm waiting for a dp, but its noticeably quicker from 4000 rpms and higher.

Highly recommended for those guys who want a good exhaust that is livable yet also has power gains and gets attention when you want it to.

Pics below! Don't mind the bird poo on my bumper, I must have gotten bombed on while I was at work since I parked under a tree
    frtorres87 likes this.
    2012 TW Si Coupe

Invidia Q300 cat-back, Injen CAI v2, Hondata Flashpro, Eibach Pro-kit and 15 mm wheel spacers, roof wrapped with 3m carbon fiber vinyl.

Big Timer!!!
    You should make a video

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyTurboAndIWantItNow View Post
    You should make a video
    Tomorrow's my day off, I'll be doing several. I was frustrated at the lack of videos before I bought it, so I will definitely contribute here! :thumbup:

2012 TW Si Coupe

Invidia Q300 cat-back, Injen CAI v2, Hondata Flashpro, Eibach Pro-kit and 15 mm wheel spacers, roof wrapped with 3m carbon fiber vinyl.

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwade3005 View Post
    Tomorrow's my day off, I'll be doing several. I was frustrated at the lack of videos before I bought it, so I will definitely contribute here! :thumbup:

Sweeet!

I heard the Q300 is quieter than stock.
    K24Z7 Crew Member # 333

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)