inspection - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: inspection

  1. #11
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    PA, 19004
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
    Sure PM or email us your info so that we can look up the order.
    Sorry for coming off like a di*k, it's not my intention, It's just a little annoying to be told one thing and the complete opposite actually hold true.

    That said, I want to be perfectly clear that I'm in no way dissatisfied with the product, quality or responsiveness of RV6. In fact, I really like the DP.

    As stated, I'm more annoyed with the fact that MY ONLY question/concern was about emissions and this specific situation has come back to bite me in the ass.
    MODS : PRL RBC Kit, ZDX TB, TB Spacer, RDX 410cc Injectors, 3.5" PRL SRI, 2.5" RV6 Catted DP and Q300 exhaust. Being tuned by Vit.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Raspy is a bad thing? jtsi2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
    Don't worry about the $10k federal fine if you get caught. And certainly don't worry about people (like me)that have asthma. We really don't need to breathe air that's clean (and make sure you stay way back at the end of any group drives you go on because your car will STINK.
    That's an uphill battle I'm glad I don't have to fight. On another note, I'm surprised your sarcasmic rant has not received loads of backlash accompanied by numerous examples of true air killers, i.e. factories running 24/7 shooting smog out like a space shuttle, cities that do not require emissions testing, etc. etc. Best of luck with your asthma...
    2012 CBP Civic Si Coupe
    *K24Z7 #198
    *POP Crew #18


  4. #13
    RV6
    RV6 is offline
    Supporting Vendor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus View Post
    I didn't order the defouler through you guys, I was asking if you'd send me yours so that I could cancel the other order. Especially if I was supposed to have received one with my DP.
    Yes we can send you a defouler. If we made a mistake we will make it right. I just need your downpipe order info so that we can add notes to your order as well as see who packed the order that day. Just to make sure this isn't a common occurrence.
    Last edited by RV6; 07-01-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    jtsi2012 and Stylus like this.
    Hidden Content


    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates and specials.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Super Mod's Pet
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NoVA in the DMV
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by DWils View Post
    Federal traffic Police? Never heard of them. EPA setting up roadblocks for catalytic converter checks? Never heard of that either. Most states have laws requiring an emissions control device and the absence thereof is only a misdemeanor and a fix-it ticket. I guess since we should all be driving electric cars since they don't produce any pollution. Well, on the back end that is, because where does electricity come from? Coal! Good ol' clean burning zero emissions coal. And good luck telling the Chinese and Indians to worry about the air quality because they really don't care. Hopefully the group drives move faster than parked because that is really the only way you're going to smell the exhaust from the car in front of you if it doesn't have a catalytic converter.

    sent from my mobile communications device
    If you live in a state that has an inspection law, vehicles with no cat or bypassed emissions controls fail the inspections and are reported to the state dept of motor vehicles. The state is required to report that. While there won't be a Federal traffic force that stops and checks your car, the state police can and will.
    You obviously haven't ridden behind cars without cats because you can definitely smell the stinking exhaust (unless the only car you've ever driven is a civic with all the windows up and the a/c on recirculate).

    While I can't change what India or China does, I can certainly try to influence what others do to preserve what little natural resouces and clean air we have in this country. While it may not be much, it's a heck of a lot better than doing nothing.

    And not all energy is produced by coal (as a matter of fact, less and less coal is being used in this country every year to produce energy).
    The problem isn't going to go away by saying it doesn't exist. Cars are getting cleaner every year. I haven't noticed horsepower dropping on cars with emissions equipment, it seems to me that they are getting more efficient and much cleaner. I have no idea what you think you accomplish by removing the cat, the car is designed to work with it, in a lot of cases it accomplishes nothing more than creating more air pollution and has no effect on power.
    Jimmyb83 likes this.
    Upcoming Events:
    Rock the Dragon 2019 - Fontana Village, NC - May 7-12, 2019
    __________________________________________
    2008 Apex Blue Pearl S2000 CR - "Grover" #400 of 699
    2003 Suzuka Blue S2000 - "Grovette"
    9th Gen Civic POP #46

  7. #15
    Super Mod's Pet
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NoVA in the DMV
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsi2012 View Post
    That's an uphill battle I'm glad I don't have to fight. On another note, I'm surprised your sarcasmic rant has not received loads of backlash accompanied by numerous examples of true air killers, i.e. factories running 24/7 shooting smog out like a space shuttle, cities that do not require emissions testing, etc. etc. Best of luck with your asthma...
    Factory emissions are down, you can actually breathe the air in LA once again, but that's only in the US. At least we're trying to keep the problem down (so your kids won't have to go outside wearing oxygen masks). The asthma is under control and controllable, it's things like cars that spew pollutants (and a diesel or two now and then). Fortunately, inhalers keep the worst of it under semi-control (but I'd prefer not to have to spend the rest of my life depending on having an inhaler 24 hours a day).

    And sarcastic? Yeah, I can be a bit sarcastic at times. Some people recognize it and get the underlying message, it escapes others. I'm at an age now that I don't get upset if it goes over the head of some people. There are two times in life when you can say what you want, when you're young and when you're old. I'm old but not elderly, sarcastic but with a bit of hope that the tostesterone infused will become wise enough one day to glean the truth from the sarcasm.
    jtsi2012 and Jimmyb83 like this.
    Upcoming Events:
    Rock the Dragon 2019 - Fontana Village, NC - May 7-12, 2019
    __________________________________________
    2008 Apex Blue Pearl S2000 CR - "Grover" #400 of 699
    2003 Suzuka Blue S2000 - "Grovette"
    9th Gen Civic POP #46

  8. #16
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    PA, 19004
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
    Yes we can send you a defouler. If we made a mistake we will make it right. I just need your downpipe order info so that we can add notes to your order as well as see who packed the order that day. Just to make sure this isn't a common occurrence.
    How can I look that info up for ya? Should I call in or would PMing you my name be enough? I don't think I registered an account when I placed the order online.
    MODS : PRL RBC Kit, ZDX TB, TB Spacer, RDX 410cc Injectors, 3.5" PRL SRI, 2.5" RV6 Catted DP and Q300 exhaust. Being tuned by Vit.

  9. #17
    RV6
    RV6 is offline
    Supporting Vendor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus View Post
    How can I look that info up for ya? Should I call in or would PMing you my name be enough? I don't think I registered an account when I placed the order online.
    Your name address and email would be a good start maybe a approx date as well.
    Hidden Content


    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates and specials.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  10. #18
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    PA, 19004
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
    Your name address and email would be a good start maybe a approx date as well.
    Sent. By the way - this is what I meant by responsiveness. It seems that customer service is a 100% priority. I appreciate that.
    MODS : PRL RBC Kit, ZDX TB, TB Spacer, RDX 410cc Injectors, 3.5" PRL SRI, 2.5" RV6 Catted DP and Q300 exhaust. Being tuned by Vit.

  11. #19
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    PA, 19004
    Posts
    119
    Update - After continued support and a very timely mannered shipment of the defouler, I was able to pass emissions. The CEL eliminator (defouler) WILL work if you flash your car back to stock. My CEL as well as many others are throwing because of our tunes (something to do with the closed loop). As soon as I flashed to stock and ran the car, all monitors set except one but you can have 1 not set and still pass. I'm sure it would have set if I continued to drive but I just wanted to get this ish inspected. Thanks again RV6 for the support. Again, top-notch.
    MODS : PRL RBC Kit, ZDX TB, TB Spacer, RDX 410cc Injectors, 3.5" PRL SRI, 2.5" RV6 Catted DP and Q300 exhaust. Being tuned by Vit.

  12. #20
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8
    When you say one failure, is that CAT? Defouler will trick O2 sensor, not Cat. Right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. MA Inspection Help!
    By The Squall in forum North-East
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 05:50 PM
  2. Austin area inspection
    By Fenwayfreak17 in forum South
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 03:52 PM
  3. Passing NYS inspection
    By x0 R3lApSe in forum North-East
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2