inspection
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: inspection

One Bad Mama Jama!!!

inspection

If you're running a catless downpipe and tuned with flashpro, will you pass inspection when they hook your car to the computer? I know I wont pass the visual but i'm not worried about that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

RV6
    Supporting Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpingblack13si View Post
    If you're running a catless downpipe and tuned with flashpro, will you pass inspection when they hook your car to the computer? I know I wont pass the visual but i'm not worried about that.
    With flashpro you can turn off the secondary O2 sensor. It will come up as pass in there test.
    Hidden Content

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates and specials.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
    With flashpro you can turn off the secondary O2 sensor. It will come up as pass in there test.
    Thanks, really wanted to go catless but did not want any inspection issues. As long as they can hook it up to there computer and it passes they don't care. Looks like ill be going catless for my dp.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    Wrong. Disabling the secondary o2 sensor makes the test come up 'not ready for testing.' When you disable the o2 on flashpro you're only eliminating the CEL. When disabled, it won't show up on the emissions test when they plug in the OBDII and because of that, that catylitic will also come up 'not ready for testing.' And you know what that means? 2 fails = no emissions.

Trust me, it literally happened to me today. I'm getting an o2 defouler so I can enable the secondary o2 and not throw a CEL.
    RV6 told me the same thing which is why i went with them instead of the FR w/ defouler. Now, I'm running around like an idiot trying to get a defouler so I can get inspected before the end of month.
    MODS : PRL RBC Kit, ZDX TB, TB Spacer, RDX 410cc Injectors, 3.5" PRL SRI, 2.5" RV6 Catted DP and Q300 exhaust. Being tuned by Vit.

Super Mod's Pet
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpingblack13si View Post
    Looks like ill be going catless for my dp.
    Don't worry about the $10k federal fine if you get caught. And certainly don't worry about people (like me)that have asthma. We really don't need to breathe air that's clean (and make sure you stay way back at the end of any group drives you go on because your car will STINK.
    Jimmyb83 likes this.
    Upcoming Events:
    Rock the Dragon 2019 - Fontana Village, NC - May 7-12, 2019
    2008 Apex Blue Pearl S2000 CR - "Grover" #400 of 699
    2003 Suzuka Blue S2000 - "Grovette"
    9th Gen Civic POP #46

RV6
    Supporting Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus View Post
    Wrong. Disabling the secondary o2 sensor makes the test come up 'not ready for testing.' When you disable the o2 on flashpro you're only eliminating the CEL. When disabled, it won't show up on the emissions test when they plug in the OBDII and because of that, that catylitic will also come up 'not ready for testing.' And you know what that means? 2 fails = no emissions.

Trust me, it literally happened to me today. I'm getting an o2 defouler so I can enable the secondary o2 and not throw a CEL.
    RV6 told me the same thing which is why i went with them instead of the FR w/ defouler. Now, I'm running around like an idiot trying to get a defouler so I can get inspected before the end of month.
    Looks like there is a was a issue with Hondata and they released a update. However it seems they no longer support the forced readiness, they just keep the CEL from coming on. Where is the defouler that came with your RV6 downpipe? They are pretty reliable once set, sometimes they take some tweaking to get right.
    Hondata • View topic - Readiness monitors. Ughhhh. Help.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    Looks like there is a was a issue with Hondata and they released a update. However it seems they no longer support the forced readiness, they just keep the CEL from coming on. Where is the defouler that came with your RV6 downpipe? They are pretty reliable once set, sometimes they take some tweaking to get right.
    Hondata • View topic - Readiness monitors. Ughhhh. Help.
    I never received a defouler with my DP. I don't think you were sending them with the DP then. Care to send one so I can cancel the $55 dollar order I just put in for one?
    Last edited by Stylus; 06-30-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    MODS : PRL RBC Kit, ZDX TB, TB Spacer, RDX 410cc Injectors, 3.5" PRL SRI, 2.5" RV6 Catted DP and Q300 exhaust. Being tuned by Vit.

RV6
    Supporting Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus View Post
    I never received a defouler with my DP. I don't think you were sending them with the DP then. Care to send one so I can cancel the $55 dollar order I just put in for one?
    Sure PM or email us your info so that we can look up the order.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Baned
    Quote Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
    Don't worry about the $10k federal fine if you get caught. And certainly don't worry about people (like me)that have asthma. We really don't need to breathe air that's clean (and make sure you stay way back at the end of any group drives you go on because your car will STINK.
    Federal traffic Police? Never heard of them. EPA setting up roadblocks for catalytic converter checks? Never heard of that either. Most states have laws requiring an emissions control device and the absence thereof is only a misdemeanor and a fix-it ticket. I guess since we should all be driving electric cars since they don't produce any pollution. Well, on the back end that is, because where does electricity come from? Coal! Good ol' clean burning zero emissions coal. And good luck telling the Chinese and Indians to worry about the air quality because they really don't care. Hopefully the group drives move faster than parked because that is really the only way you're going to smell the exhaust from the car in front of you if it doesn't have a catalytic converter.

sent from my mobile communications device

Big Timer!!!
    Sure PM or email us your info so that we can look up the order.
    I didn't order the defouler through you guys, I was asking if you'd send me yours so that I could cancel the other order. Especially if I was supposed to have received one with my DP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)