Variable intermittent windshield wipers for the LX
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Variable intermittent windshield wipers for the LX

Variable intermittent windshield wipers for the LX

Do you think its possible to take the Windshield wipers from the EX and replace it with the LX and get the variable intermittent windshield wipers?

Like this DIY: DIY Variable Intermittent Wiper Install - Scion xB Interior - Scion xB Forum

-Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Pimping!!! stringfellowhawke's Avatar
    I dont see why it wouldnt be possible. Just a matter of replacing the controls and adding some wiring.
    2012 Honda Civic LX
    Dyno Blue Pearl

Soooooo whose got the part number for the ex wiper control lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Did anyone successfully get them to work on a LX. Saw a post on the 8th Gen forum and all it required was the EX and above switch, which is P/N# 35256-TR0-K11 for the '12, and running a wire from the switch to the wiper brain integrated into the fuse box under the driver's side dash. Anyone have access to the '12 wiring diagrams to see what locations in the harnesss connectors the wire needs to be attached to?

Yeah, this is another item on my 2012 LX list, should have just bought the frigg'n EX
    Buddy

Fineprint: Any advice or opinon that I offer is just that. Before using information from my post, you should verify. In other words, if your car causes trouble then look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by MidLife View Post
    Yeah, this is another item on my 2012 LX list, should have just bought the frigg'n EX

I got mine to be a strict commuter car, but at times I feel the same. If they made a LX-S or SE that was essentially an EX w/o moonroof then that would have been perfect as a commuter car. Oh well gotta take what you can get.

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MidLife View Post
    But you can only get the Manual EX in the Coupe not the Sedan. I guess I could have bought an EX auto sedan and put an SI 6 speed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
    But you can only get the Manual EX in the Coupe not the Sedan. I guess I could have bought an EX auto sedan and put an SI 6 speed in it.
    Now that is funny!

Seriously, why does Honda seem to be so restrictive on options available within each model. Setting the DX aside which seems more like a car owned by a business, the LX restrictions are simply frustrating. The '99 Mercedes SUV that I owned was practically pre-wired for everything including the phone even though it did not come with the phone gear. I was even able to update it with little effort a radio from the same model with a 2005 version so that it would have a factory look for the Sirius radio and Navi. The SUV had plenty of 'quality' issues, so it was by no means perfect...

Don't mistake this as slamming the Civic LX. I am thoroughly enjoying the ride and the fact that it burns less than half the gas than the MB used on my way too long commute to work. Not turning wrenches on the weekend is a bonus too!

Heck, modding is the fun stuff so Honda go ahead and only sell the DX so we can all mod!
    Buddy

Fineprint: Any advice or opinon that I offer is just that. Before using information from my post, you should verify. In other words, if your car causes trouble then look in the mirror.

Has anybody gotten this to work yet?

Nooblets
    Check this out. I did it and works fine. Don´t need to do as much as written here.

https://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/mai...r-install.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)