Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by RussCB View Post
    huh, i bought Intense white from the accessory catalog at work (it didnt give the 4100k info), good to know i ended up with the brighter ones by guessing, i love my PIAAs. Great write up, very useful to anyone not wanting HIDs but better visibility

you mentioned getting fog-lights, maybe do a Nokya yellow / PIAA plasma ion yellow comparison? i love my PIAA yellows but i feel as tho i should have cheaped out and got Nokya, maybe ill do a comparison
    I just ordered my fog light kit from College Hills Honda. I have no idea when they're coming in. I already have the PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow sitting at home though. I'll probably go ahead and buy the Nokya bulbs and compare them. As far as changing fog light bulbs, is it as easy as low beams?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    God my formatting is so bad. Well just to update, my HID's are not coming till tomorrow. Probably because of hurricane sandy. I've also ordered some nokya 2500k bulbs to compare with the piaa 2500k. My fog light kit comes in on friday.

June 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner brown_bear's Avatar
    Anyone try the Plama GT-X bulbs from PIAA yet?
    PIAA
    2007 GGM FA5 Si-R.I.P.
    2000 EBP EM1 Si-SOLD
    2012 RR FB6 Si-Current
    1st 9thGen on Coils- RedShift/Koni Coils
    17x9 +28 BBS RX "Plasma" Finish 215/40/17 Falken Ziex502 -Traded
    18x9.5 +25 Rotiform NUE 215/35/18
    ​New setup for 2013
    K24Z7 Crew Member #115

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Got my HID's installed. They cut off the same as halogens and if not, even less. I will post pictures soon, but not now because it's been raining.

Quote Originally Posted by cheneric View Post
    Got my HID's installed. They cut off the same as halogens and if not, even less. I will post pictures soon, but not now because it's been raining.
    does your hid work well in the rain ?

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by team3d View Post
    does your hid work well in the rain ?
    I'm not sure if I can tell you if it works well in the rain because I don't have anything to compare to. I only had the PIAA's for a few days and it didn't rain. I'm going to say they do work well in the rain as I didn't have much trouble. I was able to spot the large puddles before I ran them over. I would like to see farther though.

So far, it actually looks only slightly brighter than the PIAA's but I'm sure it might be the rain making it look that way. I'm not sure if I installed the HID's correctly because there are like two plugs that aren't plugged into anything right now.

Also, I'm going to compare between the Nokya 2500k, PIAA 2500k, and 3000k HID's. Then all of them with yellow overlay.

My final setup I'm expecting should be 4300k HID low beams and 3000k fogs with yellow overlay.
    Last edited by cheneric; 11-01-2012 at 05:40 AM.

3000k hid fogs are well worth it but using hid on low beams are a bit too much. it's just that eventhough there is a cut-off line, there is still too much glare coming out. it would be best to do a retrofit/projector setup first on the headlights before changing the low beams to hid. well, it's just my opinion.
    2012 CBP Civic Si Coupe
    K24Z7 Crew Member # 213

Nooblets
    Sorry about the delay. I bought a new camera so hopefully I can get better pictures of the HID's since they're blue on video. Plus I'll do the fog light comparison as soon as I get my camera.

Very good info! Thanks a lot
    '12 Si Coupe

Nooblets
    So the intense white 4100 k is brighter than the xtreme white and provides more visibility just not as white ? Only asking because I'm looking to buy some and from what I've read the intense white are brighter, but on amazon are 40 dollars cheaper than the xtreme white . Do people really buy the more expensive xtreme bulbs for looks than performance ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)