Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons

I've had the PIAA Intense White for my low beams for awhile now, they are fairly bright and white although they don't seem as bright as when they were new or maybe it's just me getting use to them. I do wish I had projectors on my Si, when the PIAAs die out not sure if I will buy them again, I may try a different brand.

Since I was satisfied with the Intense White as my lows I bought a set for my DRLs and swapped out Nokya Hyper Yellows. I was really disappointed with the Intense Whites as my DRLs, for some reason they don't look very white at all. I think I'm going to put the Nokya Hyper Yellows back in and later on pick up a set of Luminics yellow for my DRLs.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I was thinking of getting the PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs for my low beams (H11), the Plasma Ion Yellow colored Fogs (H11) and DRL with color undecided (9005) but my question is if they require like a HID conversion kit or whatnot? Or is it a plug and play / direct installment type bulb? I own a '15 Si coupe and could she house them correctly? I am using terms I am not 100% on. I know I am a car noob.. this is the source link I am at: http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...628/index.html

I am currently using the Nokya ones and they are decent. Definitely rule over the stock bulbs. One problem is the DRL's. I changed them with the Nokya arctic white 7k 65w 9005 bulb and it seems to have low output at times in the mornings. Their is light but seems like my stock bulb for the DRL's are way brighter or gives out way more light? Not sure if it is because the color pick I chose or the wattage for them but I have seen others with white/white with a hint of blue DRL's and its bright. Maybe they were HID's or LED's? Any help would be cool.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BboySMC View Post
    I was thinking of getting the PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs for my low beams (H11), the Plasma Ion Yellow colored Fogs (H11) and DRL with color undecided (9005) but my question is if they require like a HID conversion kit or whatnot? Or is it a plug and play / direct installment type bulb? I own a '15 Si coupe and could she house them correctly? I am using terms I am not 100% on. I know I am a car noob.. this is the source link I am at: Honda Civic PIAA Super Bright Headlight / Fog Light Bulbs
    Replacement halogens are plug and play I wouldn't recommend the high wattage halogens though, stick with stock wattage.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by kev604 View Post
    Replacement halogens are plug and play I wouldn't recommend the high wattage halogens though, stick with stock wattage.
    Thanks. I would probably go 55W ones for the DRL's because my current ones are the Nokya 65W ones and stock was 55W. I am not a fan of the stock bulb it is too plain for my eyes.

what is the model to order for piaa xtreme whites ? (h3,h4 etc...) I dont really know those numbers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Si View Post
    what is the model to order for piaa xtreme whites ? (h3,h4 etc...) I dont really know those numbers lol
    All the info you need to know about what size you need is in the owners manual.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

Has anyone tried the PIAA led headlight replacements? Do they fit? Are they brighter? Are they worth the $299?

I have PIAA Xtreme White bulbs which I agree with most are better then stock. But coming from cars that have stock projector housing with HIDs I feel like there is more to be desired with the output of PIAA Xtreme white. Will have to get a retrofit kit at some point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)